Category: News ArchiveHits: 546
Following several months of relative silence, this Steam announcement informs us that Little Green Men Games' upcoming space RPG Starpoint Gemini 3 will be launching into Steam Early Access in less than a week, on September 5, 2019. Here's the announcement itself:
Heya there space enthusiasts!
We're thrilled to announce that Starpoint Gemini 3, fourth sequel in the franchise will follow its predecessors and enter Early Access program as well!
This momentous event will happen on September 5th 2019 and we invite all of you to join us on this path. It's been both challenging and fun in the past and we're positive this time will be no different.
Starpoint Gemini 3 is something new and different, but at the same time, it also sticks to the very roots of the series.
Stay tuned and prepare to dive in Gemini (and beyond this time!) once again!
Start your engines!
And if you'd like a refresher on what the game actually is, here's its official description:
Step into the laid-back shoes of captain Jonathan Bold as he travels and explores the open world of Starpoint Gemini 3. Encounter amazing characters, engage in unprecedented dawgfighting space combat, mining, freelancing, trading and crafting as You uncover Bold's shady origins.
Experience action-packed space combat that pushes both you and your spaceship to the limit. Outfit your ship with the latest in high-tech weaponry. Do you like picking off your targets from a distance? Check out the cannons. What about doing strafing runs so close to your target that you can chip off paint? Blasters and scatterguns could be your thing. Or perhaps You prefer the middle-ground approach? In that case machineguns will provide an answer. Augment all that with a large assortment of different skill-based boosts and You just might become the ultimate agent of destruction.
With trusty ADAH, your own personal digital consciousness by your side, explore Gemini and, for the first time, other distant star systems of the former Earth Empire. Scan anomalies, rummage through derelict ships and let ADAH stretch her legs so you can investigate those hard to reach places. ADAH serves as your one-drone away-team. When you reeeeeeeally need to know what there is to find in a massive abandoned derelict or hack into the mainframe of a fully functioning station, ADAH is your girl.
EARN A BUCK
Being a dashing space buccaneer doesn't come cheap. Earn credits by doing an odd job or two, commissioned by your friendly neighborhood bartender for an undisclosed third party. Or perhaps you're a more of a do-it-yourself kind of captain? First acquire blueprints and then with a bit of raw ore mining and some creative haggling with the traders, assemble the parts into something that can get you rich! ... or at least cover your bar-tab. Almost all items found in the game can be combined with other items to create new ones, ranging from composite materials to entire weapon systems. Or you can keep it simple and sell the stuff to the highest bidder.
PIMP YOUR RIDE
Swapping entire ships is nice and all, but what if you really liked the chassis of one and the engine of another? Why not combine the two? Yes, my dear captain, you're no longer confined to the bare metal shapes that form spaceships. Mix and match individual parts to form something special, something new, something that speaks to you. Incidentally, if it actually does start speaking to you, we advise seeking medical attention.
- The largest game universe in the Starpoint Gemini series spanning three different planetary systems
- Adrenaline-pumping, action-packed space combat that allows distinct play-styles and on-the-fly weapon switching
- A complete set of RPG skills to boost the player's capabilities
- Modular ship upgrading system
- Crafting system that allows the player to create new items and weapons to sell or use
- A variety of available activities including mining valuable materials and exploring the vast universe
- A unique chance to explore the shocking truth about the other imperial colonies and the fate of alien races
- A large variety of characters with unique personalities, different questlines and factions
- An engaging storyline written by Darko Macan, an official writer for numerous Star Wars and Marvel comics
- A unique digital companion, ADAH, that assist the player in uncovering Bold's shady origins
- Detailed interiors on different planets; visit them all!