Category: News ArchiveHits: 1013
If you like The Witcher, CCGs, and RPGs with unusual combat systems, you'll be pleased to know that CD Projekt's single-player Gwent-based RPG Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now available on GOG for $29.99 or your regional equivalent. At the same time, the long-awaited Homecoming update for the main Gwent game is now available on PC and should be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on December 4th.
Here's the launch trailer for Thronebreaker:
And a quick video guide for Gwent:
If you'd like to see a few bits of Thronebreaker gameplay and check out a couple of reviews, you can do so right here. And here's the official feature list:
Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms — Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.
- Experience an all new 30-hour Witcher Tale with 20 possible world end-states.
- Embark on over 75 thought-provoking side quests — one of the hallmarks of The Witcher series.
- Explore never-before-seen parts of The Witcher world — Lyria, Rivia, Aedirn, Mahakam and Angren.
- Manage resources, recruit and develop units in your very own customizable war camp.
- Build an army and engage in story battles, which twist the game’s rules in wildly unexpected ways.
- Thronebreaker features over 250 single player tailored cards, as well as 20 brand new cards for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.
- Each card represents an entity in the game — characters players interact with during open world exploration can become on-hand assets, deployable during battle.
- During each playthrough, players make choices and face their consequences — acting against an ally’s convictions might cause their card to disappear from the deck.
- Mastering the campaign allows unlocking premium animated versions of cards, additional multiplayer avatars, borders, and titles.
- Fully voice-overed dialogues, localized into 11 languages.