Category: News ArchiveHits: 1919
The next major update for Obsidian Entertainment's pirate-themed RPG Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, patch v3.0.0, is now available on Steam's beta branch and should be coming to GOG shortly as well. The patch adds several new features, a new megaboss, a number of Ranger abilities, two new god challenges, and multiple miscellaneous fixes. Here's an excerpt from the beta patch notes:
New Features & Updates
- New Berath's Blessings - New Berath's Blessings have been added into the game:
- Loaded Pockets - NPC pockets are filled with more and rarer items.
- Legendary Crew - 3 Veteran Sailors become available in the Kraken's Eye tavern, they are better than normal and cheaper than normal.
- Discount Craftsman - Crafting and enchanting costs are reduced.
- Mythical Discovery - Start with a Mythical Adra Stone in the prologue armoire (free upgrade from Legendary → Mythic Quality)
- New Ranger Abilities - There are now 5 new Ranger abilities added to the game:
- Hunter's Claw - (2 Bond) Full Attack, The first target hit with this grants +1 Accuracy vs the target's Race until Rest. Subsequent hits against the same race will increase stacks (up to +20). Resting clears all stacks and allows a different race to be chosen.
- Hunter's Fang - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1% Damage per stack.
- Beast's Claw - Same as Hunter's Claw, but also grants +1 Defense per stack.
- Bonded Fury - (3 Bond), Grants the Ranger's Animal Companion all 6 Tier 2 Inspirations, for 30s.
- Heart Seeker - (4 Bond), Primary Attack (Ranged Only) Fires an unerring ranged attack that strikes all characters in a line, dealing +100% Damage with +4 Penetration and Enfeebling for 20s.
- Crystal Eater Empress Megaboss - Megabosses make their debut with the first to make their way into the game; The Crystal Eater Empress! Test your mettle against one the toughest fights within the game.
- Kill Camera - A new feature has been added to allow for some excitement to combat! Kill Cam will exemplify combat with key events and text! This feature will include options to customize how it works and can be found in the new Camera Tab of the Options Menu.
- Eothas and Galawain's Challenge - Two New exciting Challenges will be coming in with this patch from Eothas and Galawain:
- Eothas- Players must complete the game within a set game time or be met with a Game Over
- Galawain - Beasts now contain random buffs that are defined at the start of the game, for the duration of the game! Can you survive these dangerous new changes?
- New Community Pet - You all voted and the tallies are in! Nebula the Astral Bat is now available in game!
- Recently Used Spells - Frequently used spells are now remembered and displayed in the UI, so searching through your high list of spells should be a little easier to manage.