Category: News ArchiveHits: 822
This month's Kickstarter update for Nightdive Studios' System Shock Remastered Edition shares plenty of fresh screenshots, shows off some work-in-progress art, and even mentions the source port update for the Enhanced Edition of System Shock that's out now as a free update for anyone who owns the game. Check it out in action:
A bit more on that:
For the first time ever, System Shock has been rebuilt from the original source code as a FREE update to all owners of the game!
System Shock: Enhanced Edition features:
We hope you enjoy this free update for System Shock: Enhanced Edition!
- Higher resolution support up to 4K widescreen mode
- Mouselook support
- Rebindable keyboard/mouse/joystick commands
- Adapted to Nightdive's KEX engine
- Support for both Direct3D and OpenGL
- Option to switch between hi-resolution Mac assets and the original DOS assets
- Official support for fan missions and fan mods
- New unified options menu that allows changing preferences before gameplay
- Adjustable FOV (Field of View)
- Smoother camera rotation and translation
- Improved control scheme which allows faster and streamlined experience
- Brand new achievements
- In-Game remappable keys with three profiles to choose from: original controls, custom controls, and lefthanded controls.
- Many original game bugs fixed.
Feel free to let us know what you think about it in the forums. We'll be monitoring it a lot over the next few weeks or so to gather information.
Enjoy the update, and keep the fries salted!