Category: News ArchiveHits: 1057
A new stable patch is now available for Beamdog's Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. This particular patch focuses on making the Dungeons & Dragons-based RPG less crash-prone and fixing some of the recently discovered bugs and issues. You can find the latest patch notes below:
- We added a new experimental full screen shader effect: Sharpen. It’s disabled by default, so you have to go into Options, Advanced Effects to try it out.
- MacOS now defaults to “Desktop” style fullscreen mode (Borderless Fullscreen). This allows you to switch spaces. To make use of it on existing setups, set FullScreenDesktopMode=1 in nwn.ini.
- The name generator tables for all races (including custom) are now configurable in racialtypes.2da.
- We turned Depth Of Field off by default (only for new installs). This will be re-enabled once it works better in conversations.
- The SSAO FBO has been updated to use 25% fewer GPU cycles.
Content Creation Changes
- We addressed one of the major crashes people were seeing on Intel GPUs. Matters should now be much improved for some players, however we are continuing to work on Intel-related issues.
- The high contrast shader has been tweaked so that the fog colour is not impacted anymore.
- Issues with playing Premium Modules in multiplayer have been addressed.
- We fixed a resource management issue when entering areas; resulting in crashes on area load screens.
- Loading save games now works with encrypted premium module saves.
- We fixed where object visual transforms would not apply immediately when spawning or loading objects into an area.
- Text bubbles now move alongside any applied visual transforms.
- Some people were seeing “Could not translate address” when attempting to connect to servers, especially when attempting to connect via icon shortcuts. This has been fixed.
- Area Transitions clickable state is now sent to clients indiscriminately, which previously resulted in them turning into the wrong colour, hiding them from DMs, and making transitioning harder.
- We’re making it so that door boxes now again don’t have a highlight when mousing over them. (This was a very sneaky regression introduced by making the script call SetTransitionTarget work).
- We fixed a crash when area of effect VFXes would attempt to animate in an area that was just unloaded on the client.
- We fixed a game crash that happened in updating a creature without a valid animation base.
- The chat window sizes now load properly for all users.
- We allow server admins to disable relay functionality if they so desire. (nwnplayer.ini: “Network Relays Enabled”)
- We fixed a game crash while updating the appearance of a creature without a valid body appearance.
- The game client doesn’t hang or crash anymore when receiving a very large data packet; such as character files, area data, or DM palettes.
- We fixed the game hanging or lagging when no audio device is available.
- We fixed a crash when a dedicated server would save a game, where a logged-out player was in Defensive Stance mode.
- We fixed a crash when exiting from a module with HAKs loaded.
- The UI scale for Dialogues with scroll bars has been fixed.
- We excluded localhost (127.0.0.1) from ever being relayed in order to fix a confusing error message for users.
- Script Compiler: We now allow escaping backslashes (“\\”).