Category: News ArchiveHits: 2818
The minions of Hell are growing stronger, or at the very least they're getting ready to do so, as Blizzard Entertainment's job openings page now lists a number of positions for a “new, unannounced Diablo project.” That “new” part makes me hopeful for a proper new Diablo game and not just a Nintendo Switch port, but we'll have to wait and see to be certain. And while we do, here's what Blizzard expects from their new dungeon artists:
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled Dungeon Artist? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
Modeling and texturing compelling assets. Essential skills include a solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets. You can concept, model, and texture your work! You are also up on the latest tools and technology. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, making great games, killing millions of monsters and getting loot!
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
What will it take to be successful in this role? Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- Work directly with level design to build atmospheric dungeons with a focus on composition, detail and mood, while ensuring that the gameplay space is readable.
- Author environmental assets for a modern pipeline including modeling, and texturing assets for the Diablo World
- Work with Lead Environment Artist and the Art Director to ensure all environments are meeting the high-quality bar Blizzard is known for.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews.
- 3+ years’ experience with world building and efficiently putting together in-game environments. Development experience modeling and texturing assets using Maya, ZBrush, and Substance painter/designer.
- Experience and a portfolio demonstrating assets developed in a modern pipeline and in game examples of World Building.
- Experience working with a lead artist or art director in developing a unique and cohesive modeling and texturing style for environment assets
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, composition and silhouette as it relates to world building and modeling.
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Ability to mentor junior environment artists and provide meaningful feedback
- Self-driven, excellent communicator, big picture minded and a model team-player
- Thinks of themselves as a game developer first, and an artist second
- A passion for games
- Organized and can optimize levels and assets for performance and memory.