Category: News ArchiveHits: 1572
A new Head Start patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is now available. It fixes a number of bugs, introduces a couple of new ones, and adds several new features. Here's Beamdog's Trent Oster and Phil Daigle talking about the contents of this patch, answering community questions, playing NWN:EE and even a bit of 1991's Neverwinter Nights:
You can find the usual livestream recap on the Beamblog and read the latest patch notes below:
- Fixed a divide-by-zero when modding restduration.2da to very short durations.
- Another OpenMP3-related crash fix when playing some stereo custom content music.
- Another shadow edges-related fix that resulted in visual corruption.
- Anti-aliasing now works again, after a previous fix accidentally disabled it.
- Reading PLTs could sometime result in garbled icons or crashing the game when the item in question is area-placed or loaded from a savegame. This has been fixed.
- Yet another crash with duplicated inventories in CopyArea() was fixed.
Main menu music is now configurable in nwn.ini:
New nwn.ini options
- By popular request, the main menu music now defaults to the original NWN theme and can now be changed. Try some of the following:
mus_theme_main (Original Campaign main theme)
mus_x2theme (HotU main theme)
mus_dd_witchwake (Witch's Wake main theme)
mus_wc_theme (Wyvern Crown of Cormyr main theme)
Other bmu files in your install dir/data/mus/
- The SSAO shader has been improved and re-enabled. Thanks to Zarathustra217 for the help!
- Added support for skinmeshes on armour parts. This feature is still in early stages and may have some issues. Be sure to submit any bugs you run into!
- Included experimental code for supporting normal and specular maps.
- The server list is now retrieved via json when opening the multiplayer UI, instead of enumerating in the game itself. This allows us to list otherwise unreachable servers.
- For unreachable servers, we’re attempting a NAT punch. This will work for the majority of consumer routers. We plan to plan to address remaining NAT types in future patches.
- Preliminary support for Steam friends lists.