Category: News ArchiveHits: 1169
You can now play through the prologue level of Fool’s Theory & IMGN.PRO's isometric stealth-action RPG Seven: The Days Long Gone for free, thanks to a free demo available on both Steam and GOG. And if you like what you see there, you can then pick the game up at 30% off throughout this week (until January 29th).
Here's a press release with an overview of the game and its features:
BIELSKO-BIALA, POLAND (January 22, 2018) -- Developed by Fool’s Theory & IMGN.PRO, and made up of ex-Witcher developers, SEVEN: THE DAYS LONG GONE, a Thief-inspired 3D isometric RPG is 30% off at Steam and GOG starting today (January 22) and lasting for one week only. In addition, the team has released a playable demo on Steam and GOG.
SEVEN: THE DAYS LONG GONE is a 3D isometric RPG with the first ever climbing system. Since its launch, the team has released several big patches improving gameplay, audio and visual, UI, stability and quests for an indie game that has been recognized for breaking new ground. Gamers can check out the improvements in the demo available on Steam and GOG. The demo includes the entire prologue level in which players can experience the most important gameplay aspects: fighting, magic, sneaking and disguises.
“SEVEN: THE DAYS LONG GONE received accolades at launch for our ambitious goals of pushing the traditional Isometric RPG genre into a new realm. We achieved success in many aspects and we also didn’t quite succeed in others, but over the past two months since launch we have released several big patches that addressed areas that needed refinement and we feel that our game is far better than it was just two months ago. This is why we are releasing a free demo on Steam and GOG to let players check out the game and see what we are talking about,” said Jakub Rokosz, Head of Development, Fool’s Theory. “And for those who like what they experience in the free demo, they will have the opportunity to purchase SEVEN: THE DAYS LONG GONE on Steam and GOG at a 30% discount.”
In SEVEN: THE DAYS LONG GONE, you play as Teriel, a master thief possessed, in the most symbiotic ways possible, by an ancient daemon (Artanak) and deported to the prison island of Peh. Teriel, with Artanak help, unearth the island’s dark secrets and soon learn that the fate of the entire Vetrall Empire rests in balance.
The post-apocalyptic world is filled with mysterious technology and Dark Age superstition, diverse communities that react to every action, and a rich ecosystem of creatures to interact with, from animals to people to monsters. Freely explore the vast yet unforgiving open world, whether following the main story line or heading off on a side quest.
- 3D Isometric RPG
- Rich, interwoven storyline
- Combat: multiple styles allow for players to be creative in how they tackle obstacles
- Hero Progression System: Based purely on skill and equipment; progression unlocks new upgradable skills
- AI Reactions: NPCs are responsive to actions
- Open world perfect for exploration
- Brand new climbing system
- Stunning environments
- Play Your Way - Stealth or brute force, freedom of choice
And to sweeten the deal even further, the developers have released a new patch for Seven that revamps some of its mechanics and fixes plenty of issues. Here's the changelog:
A full changelog for the patch will be submitted under this post but here is a general overview of what has changed in Seven: The Days Long Gone:
- Improved combat behaviours for humanoid enemies, it will be much harder to just spam normal attacks in order to kill an opponent. Enemies will also try to flank the player while in a group,
- Improved NPC reactions to combat, dead bodies, knocked out friendlies and noise,
- Reworked disguise mechanics; introduction of officers, removed reactions to player footsteps for normal guards while disguised, improved NPC reactions to disguises,
- Limited NPC hearing in Z axis which means that they will no longer hear player’s footsteps from above or below,
- Fleshed out AI State feedback. NPCs will now correctly display if they heard or saw the player.
IMPORTANT FIX FOR AZERTY KEYBOARD:
Due to implementing a fix for input-related issues happening on non-qwerty keyboards, all players using such keyboards will have to reset their control bindings to default ones. After doing this, they shouldn't need to re-bind basic game controls anymore. The 'Restore defaults' option can be found at the bottom of 'Key bindings' menu (Options -> Controls -> Keyboard & mouse -> Key bindings).
- NEW: Officers system introduced for disguises.
- NEW: An option to disable opportunity attack prompts added.
- NEW: Hit reacts adjusted to the weapon speed.
- NEW: Sporeox dashes added with new hit reacts.
- NEW: New combat behaviour for humans added.
- NEW: Skills and upgrades icons new unique colours introduced.
- NEW: Stab animation for humans.
- NEW: Dashes ability added for NPCs for ranged combat.
- NEW: Guards will now attempt to wake up unconscious NPCs.
- NEW: Icons for NPC's "warned" indicators added.
- NEW: Skills Panel - added skills branches background, moved nectar bar.
- NEW: Option that allows to enable/disable/reset in-game tutorials. It can be found in Menu -> Options -> Game..
- NEW: If tutorials are enabled, each tutorial will be shown only once. So loading a game from before the tutorial was shown, won't show the same tutorial again. Shown tutorials can be reset via Menu -> Options -> Game -> Reset tutorials option.
- FIX: Possible crash on rebinding keys removed.
- FIX: Sense mode no longer displayed in menu or panels.
- FIX: MDD now apply the proper effect.
- FIX: Drop-kill no longer possible on monsters in a hidden state, such as ghouls and carrion wurms.
- FIX: Crouching directional movement replaced with forwarding motion.
- FIX: Checking dead bodies by guards tweaked.
- FIX: Drinks will now heal or hurt health, depending on their functionality.
- FIX: Reactions for facing target and combat, alarmed state tweaked for NPCs.
- FIX: Savaash fight in game finale received improved behaviour.
- FIX: Cloned visa status lasts for 10 minutes now.
- FIX: Guards reaction to noise improved - they will now investigate the noise location and around it, search the bushes.
- FIX: Alarmed icons above heads of NPCs will now display correctly in response to player's actions.
- FIX: Guards will no longer hear player's footsteps from another floor.
- FIX: Crossbow reload animation will now last longer.
- FIX: Increased energy cost of special attacks.
- FIX: After fist drop-kill, it is possible to pickpocket unconscious NPC.
- FIX: Regenerating energy stations will now apply a boost to energy regeneration instead of regenerating it upon clicking.
- FIX: EMP Skill cost applied properly.
- FIX: Shooting will no longer cancel aiming.
- FIX: Small cooldown on throwing rock added.
- FIX: Crossbow reload animation can be cancelled by rolling, but only while aiming.
- FIX: NPCs will reset their disturbance level properly now and will no longer remain falsely hostile.
- FIX: Properly end interaction when radial menu is closed by clicking in the middle section of the wheel.
- FIX: Removed bug allowing players to be immortal while using dialogues.
- FIX: Log displaying quest rewards will be now visible after dialogues and cutscenes, not during them, which will make it easier to understand what exact reward was granted.
- FIX: No more sinking in the surface after high landing.
- FIX: NPCs snapping to terrain after loading the tweaked game.
- FIX: Crouch will now remain after climbing and jumping.
- FIX: Emeline Selar for her quest is no longer missing after completing jobs for Elias.
- FIX: Artanak will no longer introduce Our Saviour's Temple every time player reaches it.
- FIX: Merchant hunter will speak his lines correctly now.
- FIX: Drax wife has a proper dialogue now.
- FIX: Fixed choice for killing or sparing Drax.
- FIX: Strain of energy no longer disappears falsely in the 4th ritual in 'The Monolithic Mission'.
- FIX: Cloyt after beating him in drinking contest has now proper lines to speak.
- FIX: 'All Aflutter' hunters will no longer falsely assume one of them is dead if he is not.
- FIX: It is no longer possible to vaccinate every bandelisk in Peh.
- FIX: Secret stash from Mortbane will now be placed properly.
- FIX: Tesla towers no longer active after deactivating them and loading game.
- FIX: It is no longer obligatory to carry all components at once required for 'DIY' quest.
- FIX: Switch for the camera has now proper minigame type in Facility in Giant's Graveyard.
- FIX: Priest in marketplace moved aside from overlapping Newsboy.
- FIX: Sum up dialogue after escaping Repositirum will no longer play on black screen if player fast travels.
- FIX: Mistakes removed from Item Descriptions in EN version.
- FIX: Community in Lewmer Bar tweaked.
- FIX: The Falling guide in 'Memory Lane' will now be killed properly.
- FIX: 'A Great Honour' mappings set correctly for saves.
- FIX: Journal progression in 'Gold Rush' quest fixed.
- NEW: Additional loading screens.
- NEW: Added controls labels for basic actions.
- NEW: Radial manu icons updated.
- FIX: Icons resized in the radial menu.
- FIX: Keybind for radial icons added.
- FIX: Menu buttons text and menu title is centred.
- FIX: Status icons no longer overlap journal objectives.
- FIX: Transactions grids values added in Barter Panel.
- FIX: Issue with not being able to use specific features on non-qwerty keyboards is no more.
- FIX: Display result crafting component quantity added to Dismantle Panel.
- FIX: Display single item price, instead of stack, added to Barter Panel.
- FIX: Item tooltip displays weight, price & crafting components for a single item instead of for stack.
- FIX: Compare Tooltip - Weapon ID fixed.
- FIX: Looting - grid and list size changed, tooltip behaviour changed, resolution scaling fixed.
- FIX: Items Upgrade Panel - current item tooltip update fixed.