Category: News ArchiveHits: 1936
Another week, another Beamdog developer livestream. This time around, Trent Oster and Phil Daigle played some NWN:EE on a persistent server, a feature that turns the usually single-player RPG into an MMO of sorts, and then they followed it up with some Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition multiplayer action.
As they did, they talked about the future of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, their love for the 5th Edition of Dungeons & Dragons, and the origins of their company's name among other things. You can find a detailed recap of the topics covered during the livestream on the Beamblog, or check out the VOD below:
Additionally, a new update for the NWN:EE Head Start is now live. It fixes a number of assorted technical issues and a progression bug in the Shadows of Undrentide campaign. Here are the patch notes:
In this update you will see the following fixes:
- OpenMP3: a fix for errors where playback would stutter on some files.
- (SoU campaign) Fixed Dorna disappearing when dying, instead of going prone asking for help
- Bink and miles libraries have been removed completely from the game download
- A whole host of master server improvements & security updates
- [Regression] Escape in the chat bar now cancels text input again instead of emitting an em dash.
- [Regression] OpenAL: Another memleak fix.