Category: News ArchiveHits: 864
A new content update for Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is available on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. This Midwinter Update adds over 100 new cards, introduces a story driven set of challenges starring the one and only Geralt of Rivia, revamps some of the game's existing elements and adds plenty of new features. These new features include quite a few quality of life improvements, such as a better, more functional UI and a new reconnect system.
Here's a brief intro trailer:
And here's the official Midwinter Update overview that goes over Gwent's new features:
Check out some highlights from the patch notes:
Full list of changes:
- The deckbuilder and collection have been merged and reworked.
- The matchmaking screen has had a UI overhaul.
- The main menu has undergone some reorganization.
- The mulligan screen has been reworked and updated.
- The profile card selection screen has been reworked and updated.
- Many tooltips have been changed to be more concise.
- Many names have been shortened.
- The trinkets menu has been partially reworked.
- The tutorial has been updated to represent the current game more accurately.
- Challenges have been updated to represent the current game more accurately.
- Starter decks have been updated to represent the current game more accurately.
- All units are now agile.
- The tooltip UI has been updated.
- Deathwish abilities no longer trigger at the end of the round.
- AI and AI decks have seen significant changes in preparation for future content.
- Over 100 new cards have been added to the game!
- Many new visual effects have been added to the game.
- In various choice menus your cards should now offer a blue highlight and the opponent's a red highlight.
- You can now look in the graveyard during choice menus.
- A new play slot has been added to the game to make it easier to see when various types of cards are being played.
- Combat text has been added to the game.
- Rewards for several seasons have been added to the trinkets menu.
- There is now a limit of 9 units per row.
- Card animations have changed significantly to make it easier to follow when cards are Discarded, Summoned, etc.
- Leaders no longer Spawn a copy of themselves. Instead, they are played like normal units.
- The Holiday Keg Pack has been added to the game.
- The Midwinter Hunt event has been added to the game.
- The Token category has been added to the game. Tokens are automatically removed from the game on entering the graveyard.
- The reconnect system has been added to the game.