Category: News ArchiveHits: 884
The Tomb of Annihilation update for Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment's fast paced free-to-play MMO Neverwinter is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The update will have you deal with a mysterious curse, hunt dinosaurs, and explore the Chultan peninsula and its lush jungles. If you want to experience this latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, don't have a pen and paper group, and are partial to console gaming, now's your chance.
Check out the PS4 launch trailer:
A couple of paragraphs about Tomb of Annihilation and its features from the press release we've received:
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 12, 2017 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. A death curse grips the Forgotten Realms, threatening adventurers from being resurrected in this all-new expansion to the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG. The dangerous peninsula of Chult sets the stage for console players’ latest adventure in Neverwinter, featuring a new jungle zone filled with dinosaurs, heroic encounters with the undead, new campaign and end-game dungeon as well as the introduction of monster maven Volothamp Geddarm (voiced by Dungeons & Dragons’ Chris Perkins).
The new social hub of Port Nyanzaru welcomes players to the mysterious land of Chult at the beginning of their journey. In an all-new campaign for consoles, players will hunt for the source of the death curse winding along the Soshenstar River, while fending off Yuan-ti, undead and dinosaurs. Old friends will band together against this new threat including Minsc, Boo, Celeste, the famed explorer Volothamp Geddarm, as well as an unexpected ally. A complete list of new features in Tomb of Annihilation on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 includes:
- Chult Jungle Adventure Zone: Explore the Soshenstar River Basin, locating clues and tracking the source of the mysterious Death Curse. Close encounters with prowling dinosaurs and deadly Yuan-ti await adventurers.
- Port Nyanzaru Social Hub: The port will not only grant adventurers safety from the various dangers of Chult, but also act as a home away from home. Vendors, quest-givers and more await in this new destination.
- Tomb of the Nine Gods Dungeon: An end-game experience is now available on consoles for seasoned adventurers with a knack for feats of daring. This dungeon features powerful bosses, ancient puzzles and a challenge unlike any before in Neverwinter.
- Monster Hunts with Volo: The famed explorer and monster authority ventures to Chult, offering players the opportunity to track and catalogue local beasts. D&D game designer and all-around maestro, Chris Perkins, voices the famous Volo in Neverwinter.
- Tomb of Annihilation Campaign: Following the conclusion of the Death Curse storyline, players will open up an end-game campaign exploring the Soshenstar River, leading into the heart of Chult to unlock new boons.
- Other features: An additional bag slot, private PvP queues, dinosaur mounts, heroic encounters and repeatable adventures are now available.