Category: News ArchiveHits: 1754
A press release we've received informs us that the Tomb of Annihilation update for the action-packed MMO Neverwinter is now available on PC, with the console versions coming soon. This update takes the players to the faraway land of Chult, with its lush jungles, insidious Yuan-ti, and roaming dinosaurs, where they have to find the source of a mysterious Death Curse.
Here's the Tomb of Annihilation launch trailer:
And a short description:
Following The Cloaked Ascendancy’s threat at the heart of Neverwinter, adventurers must turn toward the rest of the Forgotten Realms, which now faces a mysterious Death Curse preventing adventurers being raised from the dead. An expedition to the faraway land of Chult sets the stage for the latest expansion to the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG with new features, including a new jungle zone, heroic encounters with undead, a new campaign, a new end-game dungeon and, of course, dinosaurs.
The jungle peninsula of Chult may hide the source of the Death Curse threatening the Forgotten Realms, so adventurers travel to the new social hub of Port Nyanzaru to begin their expedition. In an all-new campaign, players must discover the source of the curse, while protecting themselves and fending off Yuan-ti, undead and dinosaurs. Along the way, adventurers will team up with old friends Minsc, Boo, Celeste, the famed explorer Volothamp Geddarm, and an unexpected ally. A complete list of new features in Tomb of Annihilation includes:
- Chult Jungle Adventure Zone: Explore the Soshenstar River Basin, locating clues and tracking the source of the mysterious Death Curse. Close encounters with prowling dinosaurs and deadly Yuan-ti await adventurers.
- Port Nyanzaru Social Hub: The port will not only grant adventurers safety from the beasts of Chult, but also act as a home away from home. Vendors, quest-givers, and more await in this new destination.
- Tomb of the Nine Gods Dungeon: An end-game experience is now available for seasoned adventurers with a knack for feats of daring. This dungeon features powerful bosses, ancient puzzles, and a challenge unlike any before in Neverwinter.
- Monster Hunts with Volo: The famed explorer and all-around monster authority ventures to Chult as well, offering players the opportunity to track and catalogue local beasts. D&D game designer and all-around maestro, Chris Perkins voices the famous Volothamp Geddarm in Neverwinter.
- Tomb of Annihilation Campaign: Following the conclusion of the Death Curse storyline, players will open up an end-game campaign exploring the Soshenstar River, leading into the heart of Chult.
- Other features: An additional bag slot, private PvP queues, dinosaur mounts, heroic encounters and repeatable adventures are now available.