Category: News ArchiveHits: 1039
Season 13.5, the latest update for Cryptic Studios' Star Trek Online, is now available on PC. This midseason update introduces a new featured episode, an expansion of the existing Admiralty system, and a new Endeavor System. Here's Steve Ricossa, STO's Executive Producer talking about all the new features:
You can also check out the patch notes that come with the update:
New Featured Episode: Brushfire
- The new Featured Episode “Brushfire” has been added to the Featured Episode tab in the journal.
- Captains seek the aid of one of history’s greatest Klingon generals to help deal with the Tzenkethi threat in the Alpha Quadrant.
- This episode is available for level 10 Captains and above.
- For more information, please visit the “Brushfire” blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10564334-new-featured-episode%3A-brushfire
Ferengi Admiralty Campaign:
- This is a new limited-time challenge where players gain rewards by completing missions which are automatically granted every couple of days through the new Endeavor System.
- These will appear on the player’s mission tracker and will switch out on their own.
- For more details, please visit the Endeavor System blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10549024-the-endeavor-system%21
- Acquire trades and goods to create a stronger economy within allied space with the help of the Ferengi Trade Alliance.
- This is available for captains level 52 and above.
- For more details, please visit the Ferengi Admiralty Campaign blog at: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10542693-ferengi-admiralty-campaign
- In an effort to improve performance, cloud-like visual FX from certain powers will no longer be visible if within a minimum distance of identical cloud FX.
- All other behavior associated with the powers remain unchanged as in damage, range, debuff stacking, etc as this only changes visuals.
- This FX update will affect the following abilities:
- Eject Warp Plasma
- Vent Theta Radiation
- Eject Tetryon Plasma
- Eject Metreon Gas
- Coolant Ignition
- Particle Emission Plasma Torpedo in all firing modes
- Na'kuhl Plasma Torpedo
- Vent Metreon Laced Plasma
- Nadion Saturation Bomb
- Resolved an issue while wearing the 23rd Century Klingon Sleeveless Uniform would cause arms to disappear for most species.
- Resolved an issue where windows on the bottom of the Negh'var would be floating if the player used any other wings other than the Negh'var.
- Resolved an issue where most of the Kar'Fi model would disappear under certain conditions.
- Resolved an issue where the Heavy Cruiser Refit only had two of four nacelles light up when going to warp.
- Improved appearance of Borg console visuals with the Phoenix shuttle holoemitter in Sector Space.
- 23rd Century Starfleet characters now have appropriate ground shield FX.
- Resolved an issue that caused some Duty Officer Missions to allow Admiralty ships to be slotted.
- Singularity Warp Shadows has been re-designed slightly:
- Warp Shadows can now be damaged.
- While Warp Shadows are attacking a non-player target, that target is prevented from attacking the warp shadow creator.
- Singularity Jump Kinetic damage now scales with the Exotic Particle Generators Skill and Kinetic damage buffs.
- Hold Together:
- Resolved some scaling issues with Hold Together.
- Resolved an issue that could cause Hold Together to damage the player when flying in reverse.
- Resolved an issue that stopped Resilient Power Cells from working on some weapons.
- Resolved an issue that caused the effects of the [Pen] and [Run] modifiers to not be shown on item tooltips.
- Changed Fire On My Mark stealth debuff values to be more in line with original design intentions.
- "Sabotage Romulan Resupply Base" Duty Officer Assignment is now “Sabotage Tal Shiar Resupply Base".
- Resolved an issue with Medic2 Duty Officers that was preventing them from being slotted into Active Space.
- Resolved an issue that caused the damage of Hyperonic Radiation to scale more aggressively than intended.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing the Miradorn Raider from gaining damage immunity when using Pilot Maneuvers.
- Added a missing engine trail to the Romulan Vastam Tactical Command Warbird.
- Resolved an issue where the Competitive Wargames shield procs could be activated by Damage-over-Time effects.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Status Specialist Bridge Officer Trait to display an incorrect region icon.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Damage over Time from the Crystal Radiation Projector to not scale properly with the player’s damage buffs.
- The Missionpod section of the Arbiter Battlecruiser will now de-activate its ablative armor when not in combat.
- Power Tray Updates:
- Added support for up to 10 rows or columns to the space power trays.
- Added support for rotating both power trays by 90 degrees and for two horizontal trays or two vertical trays.
- The space power tray settings will now be hidden when clicking outside of the buttons.
- The space power tray settings now indicate which settings are active.
- Added a separate option to toggle the "Fire All" buttons independent of how many tray rows there are.
- If a single tray row is selected, then it will only show "Fire All Weapons".
- The "Fire All" buttons are only available for horizontal trays.
- Resolved an issue where unlocking a trait would not allow it to be slotted until after moving to a different map.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Team Invite window to not disappear while auto-teamed.
- Resolved an issue where the Icons in the power menu would not update if the player added or removed a power with the power menu open.
- Resolved an issue where swapping between Bridge Officer skills would briefly load up the captain skills window.
- Resolved an issue where pressing the Game Menu button would not immediately open the window.
- Echoes of Light: Core sampling of the second comet is no longer timed, but instead completes as soon as the player has collected enough material.
- Fluid Dynamics:
- Adjusted allied ships so that they should move quickly to aid player when engaging the Borg.
- Borg command diamond should no longer flee at high speed.
- Dragon's Deceit: Resolved an issue that sometimes caused Galik to be stuck under the ground.
- Resolved an issue where the Core Assault Advanced rewards listed that it rewarded Iconian Marks instead of Fleet Marks.
- The loadout slot options will appear as if nothing is selected after selecting one and transitioning to a map.
- This does not affect the positions of slotted powers from the loadout.