Category: News ArchiveHits: 1508
The patch notes for the next Mass Effect: Andromeda update are now available. The 1.09 update focuses on further improving facial animations, while also offering some minor tweaks and bugfixes. And when it comes to the multiplayer, as hinted previously, we get a new difficulty mode and a playable Batarian Scrapper, among other things.
Here's a brief write-up on the new multiplayer features:
You asked for greater challenges, and you’re getting them. The new Platinum mode cranks up the difficulty, requiring strong teamwork and skilled play to achieve victory. Platinum players will battle tougher enemies and a mix of heavy hitters from all factions.
To help you survive, we’ve added Veteran Bonus ranks that increase your available power, combo, and melee damage stats for every character. We’ve adjusted many Ultra Rare weapons so they pack a heavier punch. In particular, the Black Widow is now as deadly as the name suggests.
New variants for Uncommon, Rare, and Ultra Rare weapons will also help you stay in the fight. New Bulwark weapons increase your damage resistance when teammates are nearby, while Siphon weapons replenish your health as you deal damage. And for crowd control, new Concussive weapons create a biotic explosion when an enemy is killed with a weak point shot.
You’ll also have a little help from an old Milky Way friend. We’ve added the Batarian Scrapper, and he’s bringing the dreaded Kishock Harpoon Gun with him.
Based on popular feedback, enemies can now disrupt Hacks, and we’ve reduced Upload’s depletion rate when it’s not controlled by players. Assassination has been replaced with a Boss objective featuring stronger enemies that have special nameplates, more hit points, and are resistant to Cobra RPGs.
And the general changelog:
- Various improvements to facial animations and cinematic scenes
- Improved stability
- [MP] Platinum difficulty added
- Fixed issue where certain hair textures could disappear from female custom heads when using Facial Reconstruction Suite
- Fixed issue where negative AVP could be displayed after reaching Nexus level 20
- Fixed various quest progression blockers
- Fixed issue where Ryder could be killed even when following directions during the guarded walk through Aya
- Fixed issue where player could commit to relationships with both Jaal and Cora concurrently
- Fixed issue where the “Reach the Signal Source” objective in Peebee’s quest line could fail to trigger
- Fixed issue where player could get trapped on a ledge in the Elaaden Vault, causing an infinite load screen
- Fixed save/load issues with the final battle area in Peebee’s Loyalty mission
- Fixed issue where the “Speak to Sid” objective on the Nexus could persist indefinitely
- Fixed issue where quest marker could disappear during the final step of the “Reformation” quest on Voeld
- Addressed issue where it was possible for the player to be attacked during initial conversation with Bain Massani on Eos
- Fixed issue where save/load could cause final platform to disappear in Drack’s Loyalty Mission
- Fixed issue where the player can’t progress through the final story mission if the Nomad is broken from the “Out of Gas” quest
- Added a confirmation prompt before changing Ryder’s appearance on the Tempest
- Fixed issue where player could become trapped by NPCs in the APEX HQ on the Nexus
- X5 Ghost can now be dismantled.
- Fixed issue where TAB (keyboard) and Start/Options (Controller) no longer served as shortcuts to close the pause menu
- Fixed issue where auto-level could assign skill points into loyalty-locked squadmate skills
- Tactical Cloak melee damage bonus now applies to jump-melee as well.
- Fixed issue with Fusion Mods displaying incorrect stats
- [PC] Improved HDR functionality on Windows 10 Creators Update
- [PC] Photo mode now supports Ansel’s depth-of-field controls.
- [PC] Fixed issue where Logitech keyboard rebinding would cause key lighting to work improperly