Blizzard Continues Work on Remastered Versions of Diablo II and Warcraft III
Category: News ArchiveHits: 4624
Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.
We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.
If you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players, we would love to hear from you.
- Implement server infrastructure changes to support new gameplay features.
- Improve architecture design to reduce operation cost
- Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
- Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
- Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
- Implement, maintain, and own infrastructure for the Diablo franchise
- Strong knowledge of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in development
- Experience with client / server architecture
- Experience debugging unfamiliar code
- A mind towards scalability and performance
- Passion for games
- Excite us
- Linux development experience
- Database experience (e.g., MySQL, Oracle)
- Distributed systems experience
- Cloud technologies (AWS, VM’s, Openstack)
- Low level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (e.g., tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, and NAT busting