Category: News ArchiveHits: 1183
Not so long ago, Iron Tower Studio's RPG, The Age of Decadence received its final content update. Apparently, a developer's work is never done, because now we have a new update that adds modding support and a bunch miscellaneous improvements to the game. Here's the changelog:
What can be added:
- you can modify all scripts permanently or by copy-pasting modified files into mods\ folder
- mod files are isolated and don't require overwriting game files;
- individual mods can be enabled/disabled, mods can be loaded by categories (requires manual text file editing right now)
- the mods will override any scripted functionality: combat formulas, scripted events, AI functions, etc. I.e. everything that is in *.cs files
- theoretically you can override GUIs too, but we haven't tried yet.
- loading new or overriding existing dialogues from mod folder
- adding or modifying items (weapons, armor, etc) but not adding new in-game models
- adding "Mods" tab to options menu, so players can enable / disable mods with GUI (this would take some time);
- adding Steam Workshop support to share/download mods
- overriding resource files - models, textures, sounds, etc. Torque (the engine) doesn't support it but we can probably tweak low-level Torque's resource loader to query module manager, which is a relatively big task, so we'll do it only if there's enough interest and not because there are no katanas in the game)
- You can finally increase the font size.
- Tweaked several fights to acomodate DR mechanics better.
- Updated item descriptions with 'how to use' hints from DR.
- Improved interaction with Maadoran merchants, including camera and visual preview of the special items.
- Added special and scoped crossbows schematics to the 'ranged' trader in Maadoran.
- Added an option to fast travel back to Glabrio after the fight in TG7.
- You can buy the stone amulet from the old man near the Abyss.
- Added the courtesan portrait in TG6.
- Minor fixes and improvements in the Mountain Monastery.
- Added a hotkey to Wait command (T).
- Changed the hotkey for camera center to (V) and button in the bottom right corner.
- Changed axes' passive to higher critical strike damage.
- Increased the SP cost to 5-10-10-20-20-30-30-35-40, increased the SP rewards.
- Lowered the poison effect to 3-4-5-6-7 from 3-5-7-9-11.
- Increased the potent poison's modifier to 4 from 2.
- Tweaked Zagros armor and helmet stats.
- Added more gold to the arena vendor.
- Reduced bleeding from whirlwind to 3 from 4.
- When you break the siege using the airship you can no longer ask Carrinas for help or have any issues in the TG questline.
- Fixed issues with Daratan Liegeman and other ranks.
- Fixed duplicated weapons in Shorty's inventory.
- Fixed restorative liniment appearing as healing salve (strong).
- Fixed acid's HP damage.
- Fixed extra combat SP in any Maadoran combat after fighting the gate thugs with the mercenary.
- Fixed the font size in the belt slots.
- Fixed floor collision in the tower elevator.
- Fixed the missing gold and weight text in alchemy screen.
- Fixed TG and AG ambushes not triggering correctly.