Category: News ArchiveHits: 1034
Did that pique your interest? Then read on for more of what to expect from the game when it launches in about five weeks:
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Release Date Announced
Thrilling new Action RPG arrives on 24th March across all formats with exclusive pre-order bonuses
Bracknell, UK, 15th February, 2017 – Sharpen your axes and ready your spells: Kalypso Media is excited to reveal the release date of upcoming action RPG Vikings – Wolves of Midgard as 24th March 2017 for Steam globally (Windows PC) and the European PC and console retail/digital market (28th March in the US for physical retail and digital console), as well as a Viking-sized hoard of goodies available to players that pick up a boxed copy of the game on their platform of choice. Customers that secure a boxed retail copy of Vikings – Wolves of Midgard on PlayStation®4 or Xbox One will receive a Special Edition that includes a large-sized poster*, digital soundtrack and digital artbook. Meanwhile, Windows PC customers will receive the poster*, digital soundtrack and digital artbook as well as an exclusive DLC pack containing an additional outfit for both male and female warriors, consisting of an additional tattoo, hairstyle and clan symbol, as well as a new beard style for male characters and tribal jewellery for female characters. Steam users can pre-purchase at a 15% discount, while also receiving the digital soundtrack, digital artbook and the DLC costume pack.
To celebrate the announcement, Kalypso has also prepared a new multiformat trailer showing off the latest brutal gameplay footage ahead of release.
About Vikings – Wolves of Midgard:
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard will transport you to the Shores of Midgard, a world based upon the mythology and history of the Vikings. Battle the fearsome Jotan, hordes of terrifying undead monstrosities and other myriad beasts of Ragnarok, either on your own or by teaming up with a friend via the online co-op multiplayer mode. Master mighty weapons, including sword and shield, two-handed hammers, dual-wielded axes and swift bows. Earn blood in battle to offer in tribute to the Gods in order to acquire and enhance devastating Spell Powers and other special unlockables. As well as the regular story mode (and New Game+), players can also test their mettle in the ‘Trials of the Gods’ – a special challenge mode that rewards the best warriors with special equipment and runes.
Features of Vikings – Wolves of Midgard:
• Fantasy Meets Nordic Mythology: Travel the realms of earthly Midgard, freezing Niflheim and boiling Balheim, either as a fierce Viking warrior or merciless shieldmaiden.
• The Deadly Fimbulwinter: Withstand the deathly colds and protect yourself from exposure to nature’s wrath in order to survive.
• Tribute to the Gods: Collect blood from fallen enemies and sacrifice it at the altar to gain gifts from the Gods to enhance your powers.
• Berserker Rage: Let your anger take hold by activating Rage Mode to overwhelm your enemies in bloodthirsty combat.
• The art of combat: Perfect your skills with each weapon to unlock their true potential, including swords, bows and spell-powered canes.
• The Power of the Gods: Make the abilities of the Gods your own by equipping power-infused amulets, like the Talismans of Thor or Loki. Put your new skills to the test by competing in the Trials of the Gods to earn further rewards.
• Teamwork: Team up with a friend and journey to the Shores of Midgard together in an epic two player online co-op mode. Choose between four difficulty levels to suit your skills and talents. Do you dare attempt the unrelenting hardcore mode?
• The Clan of Wolves: Restore and rebuild your village and lead your clan to glory. Upgrade buildings such as weaponsmith, armourer, and runesmith to unlock more content and better equipment.
• Legendary Weapons: Gather the scattered fragments of mythical weapons and armors to take on the most fearsome creatures of the realms.
• A Class of its Own: Become even more powerful in the next life by attempting New Game+, and push your Viking warrior or shieldmaiden to their limit.
• Destructible Environments: Utilize your surroundings by burying your foes under falling rocks or pushing them off high cliffs.
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard will be available on 24th March 2017 for Steam globally (Windows PC) and the European PC and console retail/digital market (28th March in the US for physical retail and digital console) on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Windows PC (with Mac and Linux digital versions to follow). For more information, please visit www.kalypsomedia.com.