Category: News ArchiveHits: 1179
The beta version of patch v1.5 for Fallout 4, Bethesda's latest open-world action-RPG, has been released on Steam. The patch adds the overhauled Survival Mode difficulty to the game (which has already been in beta on Steam for a while) and fixes a number of bugs with the game. Here's the full changelog:
- New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter Please Note: Survival difficulty characters are not backward compatible with the 1.4 version of Fallout 4. If you opt out of the Beta, do not use Survival character saved games.
- Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Ability to delete downloadable content via the Add-Ons menu (PS4)
- Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
As usual, the patch will be officially released on PC first, with a release on consoles to follow hopefully soon after.