Category: News ArchiveHits: 1245
And then we'll get to the nuts and bolts:
(Sword of the Stars: The Pit) Now Ready to Swallow Your Life
Kerberos Productions, the makers of the Sword of the Stars series of 4X strategy titles, have today released their first science fiction role-playing game for PC. Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a fun, fast, light-hearted RPG in the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games. Set in the popular Sword of the Stars universe, the game offers a rich science fiction backdrop and sharp, modern gameplay. The game's turn-based mechanics and playful art style are suitable to a wide audience.
The Pit is the first independent title to be published by Kerberos. The studio launched its first crowd-funding campaign in October 2012. Hundreds of players stepped forward to support the team and to participate in the game's Exclusive Beta period, which ran December of 2012 until mid-February of 2013. The result of all the hard work and player support is a highly addictive romp through 30 levels of science fiction mayhem.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is available initially on Gamer's Gate for $9.99. Kerberos and GamersGate are celebrating the game's launch with a 10% off sale for the first week of release. A playable demo offering six of the full game's 30 levels is also available for download.
- 3 Characters to choose from... Marine, Scout and Engineer.
- 4 Levels of Difficult, from Easy to Insane.
- Improve your character and increase your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
- 30 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure!
- Dozens and dozens of enemies drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe.
- Over 50 weapons and armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor.
- Randomized augmentation effects (for your equipment... and for you!) make each game unique.
- Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
- Over 100 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to ancient exotic tech.
- Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help - or maybe hinder - your progress.
- Discover and decipher hidden messages, crafting recipes, and pieces of Sword of the Stars lore.
- Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation and of course... MONSTERS.