Weapon Modifications in Deus Ex: Invisible War work differently than in the first game:
- There are eight types of weapon mods in Invisible War.
- Some weapons can use all of them and some only a group of them.
- A maximum of two mods can be installed at any one time.
- Once installed, weapon mods cannot be uninstalled, so choose wisely.
- Example of a good choice: silencer on the Sniper Rifle.
The weapon uses less ammo.
Adds EMP damage (efftive against bots and electronic targets) to shots.
Creates a small-radius explosion on impact that inflicts extra damage.
Dissolves glass without setting off alarms. Note that the glass destabilizer does not afct non-breakable glass.
Adds more damage per shot.
Increases shot range.
Weapon fires faster.
Weapon sound is dampened.