Category: News ArchiveHits: 751
The 2.1.0 patch for Obsidian Entertainment's pirate-themed RPG Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire previewed in the latest Fig update is now live. The patch adds a couple of new "Magran's Fires" challenges to the game along with several new items, while also fixing a heap of miscellaneous bugs and issues. The complete patch notes are quite extensive, so here are just the major new features:
New Features & Updates
- Shroud of the Phantasm - A new community-designed cape, the Shroud of the Phantasm seems to grant the wielder the favor of Wael, though the will of the God of Secrets is all but impossible to discern for certain. Wearers gain the ability to manifest illusory duplicates and are rarely, if the God of Secrets is watching, struck with bolts of understanding capable of turning the tide of battle.You can find this magical item hidden within Berkana's Observatory.
- Ability Tree Preview - Thanks to our programming team, the Class Ability Tree can now be viewed outside of the level up screen! This can be done from the Inventory/Character Sheet UI, or when recruiting a new companion.
- New Magran's Fires Challenges added - New challenges and old favorites have been added for players that want a difficult experience with a twist. These challenges can be found by clicking the head of Magran at the bottom of the Title Menu.
- Skaen's Challenge
- The Fog of War is greatly reduced around the Player's Character.
- Torches can help increase the vision area.
- Abydon's Challenge
- Weapons and Armor now degrade during adventuring.
- Weapons and Armor can be repaired for a price through the Enchanting Menu.
- Enchanting UI Update
- The Enchanting Menu has received a visual re-work. Enchantment progression paths are now much clearer, and it should be easy to tell if a new enchantment will replace or rework an old enchantment.
- Steam Workshop Mod Support - Mods will now be supported through the Steam Workshop page. Check it out to see what unique changes the community is bringing to the world of Eora!
- Audio Combat Remixing - Our audio team has remastered in-game combat sounds, resolving a suite of bugs and generally improving the game as per community feedback:
- Combat Chatter now provides more critical feedback and is easier to understand during combat.
- Creatures have been tuned to spam sounds less
- Ability audio has been tuned to react to other sounds (i.e. gets softer when combat chatter is playing)
- And much more!
- New Backer Items and Pets - Additional Backer Pets and Backer Items have been implemented to the game[...]