- Category: News Archive
- Written by WorstUsernameEver
- Hits: 2271
First of all, the Conquest of the Wizardlands DLC has finally been released. You can find it on Steam for the price of $2.99/â‚¬2.99. Here's the store page description:
Deep within the pocket dimensions of the Wizardlands, the mighty Wizardkings plunge their hands greedily into their stashes of magical wizarding booze, desperately searching for more mana. Their time has passed, and they have faded into the drunken myths of obscurity. Some of them can still be seen on street corners, but most people just give them five zorkmids and walk away.
While the Wizardkings have faded into the hangover-fuelled mists of time, their artifacts of power corrupt the world. Powerful wizarding keys, strewn about the Dungeons of Dredmor during a grand night out, threaten the very reality of existence. Mystical wizarding graffiti, spray-painted on the walls during a particularily good party, holds the secrets of other worlds.
Once again, it is time to enter the Dungeons of Dredmor. (If you see the Wizard Triangulon, place his hand gently into a bucket full of warm water.)
Secondly and finally, patch v1.1.1 has been released and comes with plenty of bugfixes, balance changes and a few new features. Here's the full changelog:
- SKILL: Two new skills, Daggers and Polearms.
- SKILL: Accompanying new weapons for the Same.
- Skill: Shields: Defensive Bash changed to scale damage by block%
- FIXED: Fiery Wand now properly scales damage with Wandcrafting
- CORE: burn=â€1â€³ effect removed from game, replaced with â€œOn Fireâ€ debuff.
- FIXED: made some more sconces unpushable
- ITEM: Bolt of Mass Destruction: uses a more correct Blinding Flash effect
- UI: New screens in-game for achievements
- UI: 2X controls are now on individual elements, instead of a global setting
- UI: Character window can now be dragged around the screen.
- UI: Crafting now has useful tooltips.
- UI: Lutefisk Cube now also has a tooltip.
- GAMEPLAY: Miniboss support.
- FIXED: Glacial Burst Trap
- FIXED: position of â€œDigestâ€ button on 2X UI widget
- FIXED: Blackjack. Again. Hah.
- NERFED: Promethean Magic. Again.
- UI: You can now choose your title screen.
- ART: Raven sprite moved to Core game.
- ART: Raven sprite now slightly colorized.
- SFX: A bunch of new sound effects.
- UI: Crafting now has a button to access it on the belt panel.
- UI: Buffs that are stacked now display the # of buffs in a stack, and provide a visual cue
- UI: Page count now exists in the Tutorial list
- GAMEPLAY: Drunkenness. Itâ€™s a thing.
- GAMEPLAY: Monsters now have a sight cone, and sneaking now works better. Monsters have two states, â€œsuspiciousâ€ and â€œattempting to kill you.â€
- GAMEPLAY: Added a Pocket Dimension, for your Storage Needs! Find a suitable set of Wizard Keys.
- GAMEPLAY: Added new achievements! (Nobody expects these to work at this point, do they?)
- MODS: Added â€œbuff typeâ€ hints for removing buff effects from a particular skill tree.
- MODS: Custom engravings now show tooltips if they have a description.
- CORE: Total rewrite of the save-game system. Save games are now stored in directories. At some point, we will load things one level at a time (and make our autosave significantly better); this was not done for this build, but the framework is in place.
- CORE: As an added bonus, loadsave.dat is now dead.
- STEAM: Various Steam Cloud issues.
- STEAM WORKSHOP: Mods are now embedded in save games, so that Steam Workshop wonâ€™t automatically update, overwriting your mods and breaking your game.
- STEAM WORKSHOP: Mods published to Steam Workshop are now tagged.
- FIXED: Unarmed combat bonuses applied even when using weapons.
- SKILL: Level 5 Vegan will now only remove Vegan-related debuffs.
- SKILL: The Cure will only remove one random debuff intead of all debuffs.
- FIXED: Fixed a misplaced blocker in the Zomby Zoo
- SKILL: Made Essence of Battle removeable (and itâ€™ll take all your mana if you do remove it).
- SKILL: Player can no longer resist Empowered version of Chronomantic Twist