Dungeons of Dredmor: Conquest of the Wizardlands
Action, Adventure, Role-Playing
Gaslamp Games brings us another entry in its ongoing series of hastily-named expansion packs: Dungeons of Dredmor: Conquest of the Wizardlands.
• Explore the Wizardlands! Trade Wizarding Graffiti with your friends and enemies alike to gain access to the fractured extra-dimensional domains of the Wizards using an innovative retro-inspired magic password system.
• Harness the expanded storage space of your very own Pocket Dimension where interdimensional gnomes probably won’t steal all your crafting-junk.
• Encrust your Equipment with our powerful new Encrusting System! Upgrade weapons and armour with powerful crusts, offering special abilities and horrifying instability effects as crust is encrusted upon crust!
• Tackle new foes from the terrifyingly fun Baron Samedi to the small and annoying Cloud Gremlins who shoot small and annoying lightning bolts at you! Beware the Monstrous Rutabaga, scourge of the Vikings, who will run you down at unexpected speed with the monstrous dash ability.
• New trophy screens, including a rewrite of the achievement system for off-line play (and people not using Steam)
• Two new weapon types: Daggers and Polearms! (No really, they’re not Swords and Staves anymore!)
• A whole WHACK of new Skills: Daggers, Polearms, Bankster, Communist, Paranormal Investigator, Magical Law, and more!
• A small, pleasant handful of usability fixes! (Which everyone with the core game will get for free, naturally.)
• Enhanced sneakiness, monster sight cones, and alertness levels for more roguish gameplay! The only thing missing is a box you can carry around to hide in — unless you count an extra-dimensional box (see the first item in this list).
• Diggle Hell. It’s a real place.