As promised late last month as part of their special edition pre-order campaign, the team at TopWare has released a substantial update for Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry, bringing the pirate-themed RPG up to version 1.10. There are quite a few significant changes, so it might be a good time to check out the game if you haven't before:
- optimization and correction of cutscenes
- optimization of multi CPU support
- Audio fixes and dialogue corrections
- Audio enhancements and additions across the islands
- Multiple fixes in accordance with playthrough reports
- Multiple main and side quest corrections and expansions:
* Sully's books added to his "death hut".
* Shaka's reactions enhanced during Sully's demise.
* The Maroons' hiding spots moved for better concealment.
* The cave battle of the Maroons versus the soldiers expanded.
* Extra loot in the docks near the clerk in St. John
* While assassinating the clerk, you can choose to kill a random colonist accidentally (or on purpose).
* More characters populate Avery's port (you can also interact with some)
* Small addons to Avery's colony (captive and domesticated animals, guards, servants, etc.)
* Ray's and the Colonist's paths in the Patriarch assassination missions optimized.
* Corrections in scripting for the Avery's and Arko sidequests.
* Corrections in the Patriarch ship hunt sea battle mission.
* Expansions and additional plot and gameplay added in Avery's storyline: additional assassination missions, hunt for buccaneers, and more.
* Spoiler: Ray (as your ally) will actively help you out in fights when completing Avery's missions (e.g. during the infiltration of Buccaneer Island)
* Ray's attacks include melee / armed combat and tossing explosives
* Spoiler: additional ways of eliminating the clerk in the port assassination mission for Avery
* Interactions with Ray expanded, with new extended gameplay sections, fights and dialogues
* Avery's port office overhauled and expanded
* Avery's plantation and mansion overhauled and expanded
* More characters and interactions in Avery's plantation
* Overhaul and expansion of Avery's port
* Musician to steal money from added in Avery's port
* Hayes, his Hunting Stall, and his sidequest line added to Avery's port (quest opens after the Maroons' line, when Tutuola goes missing)
* Arko's line expanded with the tasks of recovering his relics (sound-orientated mission), and tracking down and defeating Modok the evil shaman
* Tutuola's voodoo houngan cave added as a new location (with extra loot and interactions)
* Tutuola's storyline expanded, with extra missions and a new conclusion added for the Maroons' houngan
* Extra rewards from Tutuola, including loot, experience, and Erzulie's portrait
* The hut and the killing fields of Ray's brother Sully added as a new location (with loot and extra items around)
* More tasks and encounters with the girls at the brothel
* Goat dressed up at the brothel (find out the details from Maria's sidequest)
* Spoiler: Ray's brother storyline expanded with a new conclusion (human sacrifice)
* Spoiler: moral choice expanded in Ray's brother storyline (possibility to spare the brother, or to deliver him to the Maroons to be sacrificed)
* Spoiler: moral choice expanded in Avery's island assassination / Patriarch sabotage mission (possibility to spare the wife, murder her, or let Ray kill her)
* Spoiler: gravesites and a shrine to Christopher's murdered parents added as a new location (XP for visiting)
* Spoiler: fight against Ray and hunting down Avery in his mansion expanded and lengthened
* Additional interactions with the Maroons (extended spying/tracking down sequence, introductory fight, extended scenes)
* Additional enemies and fight encounters added (humans, e.g. Hayes the Hunter, and animals, e.g. the Giant Sabertooth cryptid)
* Fixes and multiple enhancements in the Ancient Temple trap labyrinth
- Fixes in console messages and logs.
- New sidequests and extra characters added (extra XP points for finding 'Crocodile Gena')
- Additional ship encounters
- Additional sea mission / treasure search
- Additional and expanded logs
- Multiple additions and expansions across all islands (new ruins, new sacrificial altar with extra loot, new cannibal rituals and sacrifices, and much more)