Category: News ArchiveHits: 625
The team over at Grinding Gear Games released the Delve challenge league for Path of Exile a few days ago, introducing a new endless dungeon feature to their free-to-play action-RPG. Some of the elements of this new system didn't exactly work as smooth as one would have hoped, so now, according to this announcement, the developers intend to keep improving and polishing the Delve mechanics over the coming days. Here's how they plan to do it:
Yesterday we mentioned that we are working on making Azurite and Delve Upgrades shared between characters in the same league on your account. Today we want to talk about other improvements to Delve that we have planned for the very near future.
These aren't patch notes, but just a list of concepts we are working on. If they succeed, we'll patch them in within a few days.
We're also working on plenty of other things, but the above ones are ones we wanted to specifically mention as a heads up.
- Changing the EMP charge-up animation and adding effects so that it is much more clearly signalled.
- Sharing Azurite and Upgrades between characters in the same league on your account.
- Fixing the bug where Azurite gets stuck in walls.
- Fixing the bug where your light radius is sometimes visually displayed way too large, which confuses people into thinking the upgrade isn't important. Also it causes monsters that are actually in the darkness to appear like they really should be damageable.
- Change it so that one Dynamite is always enough to destroy a Fractured Wall. This may make the Dynamite Damage upgrade sound pointless, but try using it on the monsters in really deep depths.
- Changing flares so that they light instantly, protecting you, and travel to the location that you targeted. They will still use instant-casting.
- Increasing the light radius of flares.
- Adding better hinting that a Fractured Wall is near to a specific location on the Crawler's path. Did you know that there's always one in each cell that doesn't have an encounter?
- Resolving the bug where sometimes the Crawler can teleport away, leaving you in darkness.
Thanks again for your continued feedback!