Category: News ArchiveHits: 1065
If you're in the mood for some old-school dungeon crawling, or if you're a $20+ backer of The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep on Kickstarter, you should be happy to know that the remastered versions of the three original The Bard's Tale games are now available on both Steam and GOG as part of The Bard's Tale Trilogy. If you're interested, you can grab the Trilogy for $14.99 or your regional equivalent.
Important to note that at this point, only the first game of the series is live, with the remaining two coming at a later date, but it still should be enough to give you a good idea of what the remasters have to offer. Here's the official description:
Experience the events that led to The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep and The Mage’s Tale! The Bard's Tale Trilogy is a remastering of the classic 1980’s series, one of the godfathers of the RPG genre. Create an adventuring party in the first volume and play it across all three, creating a heroic story all your own!
The Bard's Tale Trilogy is a chance for old fans to be young once again and for a new generation of roleplaying and dungeon crawler fans to discover why these games matter so much all these years later. Pick up the game and start your epic adventure today!
- The Bard’s Tale Trilogy launches with the first volume in the series. In the fall, The Bard’s Tale II: The Destiny Knight will be added. Finally, late in the year, The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate. Each volume will be added into the collection free of charge!
- Rescue a city trapped by a wizard, reforge the legendary Destiny Wand, and travel across time and space to confront a Mad God!
- Enjoy a uniform playing experience across all three titles without the need for emulation or compatibility concerns.
- For the first time, play as male or female across all three games! Also includes other quality of life changes such as automapping for all three games, spell access, and updated equipment/inventory management.
- The final game content released will be the Legacy Mode, a suite of features which will allow veteran players to experience the games similar to how they first played them, and will be released free of charge for owners when complete.
And if you're a backer for Barrows Deep, this update provides detailed instructions on how to get your hands on the Trilogy, so be sure to check it out.