Category: News ArchiveHits: 1747
In preparation for the upcoming release of the "From the Ashes" DLC for their historical open world RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Warhorse Studios has put together a new patch that fixes a few of the game's bugs and adds the so-called Hardcore Mode. This new free mode turns Kingdom Come into a survival RPG of sorts where you'll get an all around tougher experience if you're up for the challenge. Here's an overview of the mode along with the latest patch notes:
The time has now come to fully immerse yourselves in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. We know that many of our fans have been asking for a more realistic and immersive version of the game and we are happy to announce that the new Hardcore Mode is now available for FREE.
Think of it more as a survival type RPG, where you will need to pay even more attention to Henry's health, stamina, energy, and nourishment, including his location/whereabouts. Everything matters in the Hardcore Mode, so now would be a fantastic time to start a new playthrough!
- North, South, East, and West will no longer be visible on the compass, so be sure to check the time of day and where the sun is located (rises in the East, sets in the West).
- Waypoints are shown only when you get close to them.
- Fast travel isn't possible in Hardcore Mode.
- There is no autosaving. The game can only be saved by drinking Saviour Schnapps, sleeping in your own bed, paying for a bathhouse full service, or exiting the game (deletes once the game is started up again).
- You can't rely on eating from the cooking pots. The best way to regenerate health is to sleep. Food and healing potions take quite a while to kick in.
- You're only alerted to your current health and stamina levels by means of in-game visual effects.
- Combat is more realistic in Hardcore Mode. Strikes have a more realistic impact, and engaging in combat with an experienced warrior without wearing quality armor is very deadly.
- Traders pay less for goods and rewards are lower overall. Repairing items are even costlier.
You will need to choose at least 2 negative perks which will last throughout the entire game. Think of them as permanent debuffs that will make Henry's adventure in the world of Bohemia that much more difficult! And if you really think you have what it takes, go ahead and select every one of them.
Patch 1.6 Notes
- Nightmares: Every time you wake up you are shaken from your nightmare and suffer a short-term debuff. Sleeping becomes more of a "tactical" choice.
- Claustrophobic: When you close your helmet visor, your attack lowers. You have to choose between better protection or higher attack.
- Hemophilia: You bleed more which makes taking hits in combat riskier.
- Numbskull: Lowers your XP gain. A perfect perk for players who thought the vanilla skill progression was too fast and felt overpowered in the late game. It's more work to out level your opponents with this perk.
- Shakes: For true sadists. Makes aiming a bow and picking pockets and locks harder.
- Consumption: Your stamina regenerates slower. Combat is more challenging and requires thinking ahead of each strike.
- Tapeworm: You get hungry faster, and since eating from pots around the world is no longer such a viable option, this makes the survival element even more prominent.
- Sonambulant: Fun perk. There is a slight chance you will wake up somewhere else than where you fell asleep. Provides quite a challenge when you wake up in an unknown place and can't see your position on the map. Very rarely you can also sleepwalk your place to some secret areas.
- Brittle Bones: You must be careful while running down cliffs and riding a horse. Falls are more dangerous.
- Added "Disable tutorials" setting in the game options.
Well, we certainly hope you that were able to make it all the way down the page! Stay tuned for more KCD updates and DLC info regarding, "From the Ashes," very soon!
- Henry's trunk in huntsman's lodge no longer has "Rob" prompt.
- Knocking out Nicholas in Cherchez la Femme no longer breaks the quest.
- Fixed bug in Nasty Habits which sometimes prevented player from delivering wine.
- Fixed light optimization that caused freezes while riding a horse for a prolonged time.
- Hans Capon no longer sleeps till Judgment Day after completion of The Prey quest.
- Killing NPCs in Playing with the Devil quest properly fails it.
- Killing executioner Hermann should no longer tank the player's reputation.
- Guards react faster to knocking someone out and carrying the body.
- Fixed numerous bugs in quest Aquarius.
- You can no longer drink-a-port from Talmberg castle in Run! quest.
- NPCs react faster to player's surrender.
- Standing up before dice minigame with Nightingale no longer breaks Keeping the Peace quest.
- Fixed another bug affecting bird cages in A Bird in the Hand quest.
- Guards should no longer attack player after he's paid a fine or talked his way out of punishment.
- Crouch does not immediately trigger stealth music.