Category: News ArchiveHits: 852
I think by now most of us are used to ignoring all the outrageous announcements we see on April 1st, like for example this one from Grinding Gear Games that describes a new free-for-all Battle Royale mode for Path of Exile. Which ended up being a real thing that's actually happening and is kind of fun. Check out this official trailer that boasts such features like up to one hundred players, one winner, and just one day of development:
It's still unclear whether this will be a limited time thing or something more long-term, but here are some additional details:
Based on community feedback, we are announcing that we have abandoned the Action RPG genre to focus on what players really want. Path of Exile is being replaced by PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE, a 100-person free-for-all battle royale game. PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE is live right now. Just run the old Path of Exile game client and it will update to PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE.
HOW TO PLAY
The winner of each match will receive a Rhoa Dinner to display in their Hideout[.]
- If you don't already have a Path of Exile account, sign up here.
- Run the PC version of Path of Exile and let it download patch 3.2.2 (PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE).
- Launch the game, and log in to your account.
- Click the Join button on the PATH OF EXILE: ROYALE banner which is displayed to the left of the screen.
- Choose a character class and name as normal.
- Once in the game, you won't be able to move until the game starts. Once there are 20 players, there will be 30 additional seconds for players to join (up to maximum of 100) before the game starts.
- Games are hosted on servers located at the gateway you logged in on. If there aren't enough players, try a different gateway.
- Once the game starts, the play area will shrink periodically. Stay within the red circle or you'll die.
- The direction to the centre of the safe zone is always displayed at the feet of your character, so keep moving in that direction.