Category: News ArchiveHits: 756
Thanks to the combined efforts of Stoic and their publishers Versus Evil, you can now purchase the first part of The Banner Saga on Tencent's WeGame digital distribution platform or simply play the narrative-driven Viking-inspired RPG in Chinese if you own it on Steam or GOG. Here's the announcement press release with some additional details:
AUSTIN, TX – January 16th, 2018 – Stoic, an independent game development company, and Versus Evil, one of the leading independent video game publishers, today announced that the epic Viking RPG strategy game The Banner Saga is now available on Tencent’s WeGame platform.
The Banner Saga, which launched to much critical acclaim on both PC, console and mobile devices has received several awards and nominations, including winner of the 2014 Geekie Awards for “Best Video Game”, winner of 2014 Game Developers Choice: “Best Debut” award, finalist placement for “Excellence in Visual Arts” category at the Independent Game Festival, 3 BAFTA Award Nominations, and winner of Pocket Gamer’s 2015 Best Adventure/RPG Game and Best Android Game of the Year.
“Making the Banner Saga series a truly global release has always been one of our goals and Banner Saga’s intricate narrative is culturally a great fit for Chinese gamers” said John Watson, founder and technical director at Stoic. “Our focus, as we march towards the Banner Saga 3 release, is to continue to extend the Banner Saga and Banner Saga 2 in more languages and platforms.”
The Banner Saga is a single player driven Viking saga, where a player’s choice in travel, conversation and combat determines the outcome of their own personal story as well as the survival of an entire civilization. The game also features stunning 2D animation and art, a unique tactical combat system and a cast of unforgettable characters, all of which drive this epic journey forward. Players will enjoy a beautiful and haunting original score by Grammy nominated, two-time BAFTA winning composer Austin Wintory conducting The Dallas Winds orchestra, as well as a powerhouse trio of acclaimed YouTube sensations: Peter Hollens, Malukah and Taylor Davis.
“Bringing The Banner Saga to WeGame and Steam platform in Chinese truly emphasizes the global appeal for Stoic and the brand” said Steve Escalante, general manager of Versus Evil. “Adding Chinese to the long list of localized languages will help us to continue to grow the Banner Saga brand and help us take advantage of the growth regions in our industry. ”
In addition to Chinese, Banner Saga is also available in English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Czech and Italian languages, The Banner Saga was one of the earlier funding successes on Kickstarter, which originally launched in partnership with independent games publisher Versus Evil.
Banner Saga 3, the third and final installment of Stoic’s epic Viking tale is currently in development and will launch later this year.
And on top of that, the game has recently received a new patch that fixes an assortment of minor issues:
- Map: Added tooltip translations for map locations. By default, a tooltip follows the mouse, or you can hit the TAB key to toggle them all off and on.
- Hotkeys: Add control/alt arrow keys for cycling through allies, and shift arrow keys for cycling through enemies
- Hotkeys: Add cycling of abilities with the '2' hotkey
- Battle: Items won in battle now show up in the Battle Resolution red banner screen
- Battle: Units Injured in battle are now summarized on the Battle Resolution red banner screen
- Performance: Optimization of AI think time
- Misc: Fix issue when using Impale and with Knockback items
- Misc: Fix Silver Arrow appears to be inactive when Willpower is depleted (Boersgard)
- Misc: Fix "Fight on Bridge" hitbox button offset from the illuminated area (Einartoft)
- Localization: Fix some assorted translation errors in RU, ES, PT, PL