Category: News ArchiveHits: 997
Without any type of fanfare on the official website, Iron Tower Studio stealthily released their first major update for Dungeon Rats, which introduces a variety of bug fixes, balance adjustments, mechanic tweaks, and more to the role-playing title. The full set of notes:
- Added an optional system to highlight enemies, allies, and active characters (see the screen above).
- Bomb explosions have better sounds and visuals.
- Improved models and icons for armor made from creatures' hides
- Hover your mouse over the enemies to see their hit points (among other things)
- Added more info on weapons (type and one-handed or two-handed)
- Added improved help screen (press F1 when playing the game)
- Bows can be decomposed
- Improved collision and visuals of the black scolopendras' nest
- Schematics icon no longer covers the number of items
- Increased shields' vsRanged by 5.
- Reduced the Constructs' shield vsRanged to 40 (from 50).
- Slightly reduced the Constructs' ranged damage.
- Fixed the lack of "helmets" on the Constructs.
- Liquid Fire's duration reduced from 4 turns to 2.
- Reduced Roxana's skills a bit (Dagger, Xbow and CS) and her starting skill points (20).
- Reduced Hieron's starting skill points to 10, increased Hammer and CS skill by 1.
- Increased mobility bonus to 3 per tile (from 2).
- The Constructs' drop rock oil not per unit killed but her fight.
- Added more sticks and stones to break your bones.
- Tweaked the chest reward after the second fight (new game only).
- Added more wood in the first levels.
- Tweaked stones and javelins stats.
- Lowered heavy throwing items weight.
- Lowered the amount of alchemy ingredients.
- Added a few extra sources of rock oil.
- Slightly lowered spear interrupt chance.
- Spear Interrupts no longer does criticals
- Rebalanced Scaurus' spear and shield, and made them unique instead of crafted.
New Bomb Mechanics:
- Chance to knockdown is now tied to the CS chance and CON (lower for high CON characters, higher for low CON characters). Before it was tile based (100% if you were at the center, half for each tile away).
- The CS bonus is 30% at the center of the explosion and goes down with every tile.
- Added chance to damage armor. Frag bombs increases the chance.
- Criticals increase damage.
- Added Shield Bash ability to tower shields
- Fixed the passive bonus info for bows and xbows.
- Fixed camera jumping up and down on character switch
- Fixed potent poison's damage
- Fixed wrong status icon tooltips displayed over portraits
- You can no longer dismiss allies during combat.
- Fixed getting One Man Band instead of Tinman if you won in normal or hard difficulties ironman.