Category: News Archive
Written by BuckGB
It appears that Eador: Masters of the Broken World developer Snowbird Game Studios is hard at work on a second title, as an announcement out of Moscow earlier today brings word of their forthcoming action RPG Caribbean!. Apparently the game will be an expansion-of-sorts, as it utilizes the Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword engine to render the player's fleet and crew, sea and land battles, NPCs based on historical figures, and likely a fair bit of rum. The first screenshots are in our image gallery, while the full press release is below:
Snowbird Game Studios reveals an action-RPG adventure game - Caribbean!
July 2, Moscow. Snowbird Game Studios announced today the new naval action-RPG called Caribbean! The game is set in XVII century’s Caribbean region, whose unspeakable riches drew many European powers and pirates into the great fight. The game lets player decide their own role and goals and to create their own pirate adventure. Filled with spectacular and brutal sea battles, boarding fights, duels, political intrigues and, of course, piracy, Caribbean! contains everything you ever wanted to have in a videogame about the Golden Era of Piracy.
The game is developed by Snowbird Game Studios (creators of Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword title) in close cooperation with the developers of the original Mount & Blade game – TaleWorlds Entertainment. Using the improved Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword game engine, Caribbean! offers one of the most engaging melee battles system and advanced horse-riding mechanics, including some exciting new features:
• Sea battles with intuitive and easy control system
• The real-time boarding fights that throw player in the centre of the action
• Detailed management and customization of both the fleet and the crew
• Complex siege system allowing the players to storm forts, harbors or entire cities
• Different kinds of artillery: shipboard cannons, mortars and howitzers
• Random events system that keeps players question their decisions during their voyage
• True ‘Caribbean’ atmosphere of the vast and dangerous world
• Unique NPCs whose design based on the real historical figures
• Various multiplayer modes featuring the sea and land battles, boarding and sieges
The PC release of the game is scheduled for the Autumn of 2012.
About Snowbird Game Studios
Snowbird Game Studios (aka Snowbird Games) is a small game development studio with offices in Moscow and Kiev. The studio employees were previously responsible for developing and launching such products as Combat Mission: Afghanistan and Mount & Blade™: With Fire & Sword. Right now the company has 2 games in production: an action-RPG Caribbean! and a fantasy turn-based strategy Eador. Masters of the Broken World.