Category: News Archive
Written by BuckGB
Yeah, that's actually the title to the latest add-on to Gaslamp Games' comedic roguelike. But I'm certainly not going to complain, because it's been put together by a team of hard-working modders from the community and is 100% free. So go get it from Steam and check out the summary to read about the many ways the game is about to be improved:
You know you want more Dredmor. Late in the night, the game calls to you. The lights on your computer blink, intermittently, in a repeating pattern. You hear a tapping from within your monitor casing. The Dungeons of Dredmor want you back. You were meant for each other.
In celebration of its Steam Workshop support and mod support, Gaslamp Games has teamed up with bold Dwarven Fanlords from the Modding Community to bring you a new expansion pack for Dungeons of Dredmor. Featuring a swarm of new items, enemies, rooms, skills, and things to generally make your life Better and/or More Full of Death, this completely free expansion takes Dredmor, makes it better, and lures you back to your computer with its siren song. Just one more game wouldn't hurt, would it? And it's free. The first one's always free.
The only catch? We couldn't think of a good title, so we left you some work to do before you start playing.
That's right. You Have To Name The Expansion Pack.
• Rebalancing of many original skills (now you can smith more flesh into zombys with Fleshsmithing, find more loot with Perception, fire more cannons at the same time with Piracy, and much more).
• 29 new skills in 4 skill lines from the minds of mad Dredmor modders.
• 100+ new rooms filled with Tesla coils, lots of breakable stuff, and fine dining furniture (which is also breakable).
• 20 new monster variations (including one new monster type).
• 30 new crafting recipes.
• 47 new items from the Clockwork Grappling Bolt to the Rusty Caltrop Eruptor Trap.
• Battle Geology, a wizard-like warrior skill that involves killing people with rocks and a solid appreciation for tectonics – by Null.
• Clockwork Knight and Rogue Scientist, crafty steampunk skill lines that grow more powerful as your craft skills increase – by Ruigi.
• Warlockery, the wizard skill for wizards who would rather be warriors and want to blow stuff up with brute force application of mana as well as a massive overhaul of a large number of core skills and abilities - by Essence.
• Scads of twisty little rooms, all different, and decorated as befits the lich’s dungeon – by Bergstrom.
• And a horde of new monster variations from Poorly Cloned Heros to Diggle Rocketeers - by FaxCelestis.