Category: News Archive
Written by BuckGB
In the event that the first set of tips and tricks didn't shift the tide in your favor, Snowblind Studios has put together a second set of tips for taking down the slew of opponents in The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Adventuring in Middle-earth just got a little easier:
1. A huge variety of elf-stones can be found in Middle-earth, which can be slotted in weapons and gear giving you extra abilities. Some items have multiple slots, so stack elf-stones for hundreds of unique combinations.
2. Want to learn more about Middle-earth? Keep an eye out for map fragments, which unlock the lore of locations in The Lord of the Rings that will bring the conflict in the North into greater focus.
3. War in the North is full of hidden rooms stuffed with loot. Each of the heroes can find their own unique secrets, so team up to maximize your benefits.
4. Chasing down Agandaûr and his minions is just the beginning of your adventure! Talk to characters you find in towns for exciting side-quests that can give you sweet rewards.
5. A Compass is available to show the locations of your allies, as well as the next mission objective. Access the Compass (and the mini Quest Log) by pushing down on the right thumbstick, or Q on the keyboard.
6. Ranged and melee skill attacks are fun to use, but don’t neglect your special skills – they can make the difference in a tough fight.
7. Outfitting new gear is awesome, but while you’re at it don’t miss the mirrors in each town, which allow you to change the appearance of your character.
8. Teamwork is an essential part of War in the North, so make sure to explore online play and split-screen co-op.
9. After freeing Beleram the Great Eagle, he can be called to help in most outdoor locations by using a Great Feather. Enter ranged attack mode and press A (Xbox) X PS3) to summon Beleram if he’s available.
10. Keep an eye on your item durability. If a durability icon appears on screen, visit a smith to repair your equipment, or equip another item until you’re able to visit a town.
11. Completing some missions will allow you your choice of gift. Open your inventory with Back (Xbox) or Select (PS3) and select the Gift Box to choose your gift.Make sure to check that you can equip the reward you select, as some are restricted to a particular hero or skill level.
12. Andriel’s Sanctuary spell is great for protection from enemy ranged attacks, but it can also heal, providing you a safe place to rest, or go on the ranged offensive.
13. Many looted items are usable or equippable, but some are just useful for selling to merchants for coin. When speaking with a merchant, press the indicated button to sell all unessential items.
14. If you are playing as Eradan or Farin, use your arrows and bolts wisely, as you can only carry a limited amount. Enter Ranged Mode or view your Inventory to see how many arrows you can carry. If you need more, they are available at merchants or as loot.