Finished... now what?

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to any of the titles or expansions within The Witcher series.
YMER_ODEN
Finished... now what?

Postby YMER_ODEN » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Just finished the game but it leaves me with a question.

[color="SandyBrown"]Is it not possible to return in the game after you have finished the last quest?[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"](without reloading your previous save games!!)

[/color]There are a few reasons for my question. The Witcher’s world has so many beautiful places to visit, play the missed (or computer generated new quests??) quests, Fight or gamble for money, go back to all the places you visited, visit ol’friends…

Anyways, do you have the same question or do you have and answer then please provide us the answer.

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:31 pm

No.
Restart or reload are your choices.
Insert signature here.

DesR85

Postby DesR85 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Not really. I'd rather go play another game than play the Witcher again. Not a fan of replays.
''They say truth is the first casualty of war. But who defines what's true? Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent, and sometimes that means preserving the lie of good and evil, that war isn't just natural selection played out on a grand scale. The only truth I found is that the world we live in is a giant tinderbox. All it takes...is someone to light the match" - Captain Price

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:44 pm

DesR85 wrote:Not really. I'd rather go play another game than play the Witcher again. Not a fan of replays.

Not relevant to the question/thread at hand.
Insert signature here.

DesR85

Postby DesR85 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:48 pm

Sorry. Didn't mean to be rude. Anyway, to be on topic, what about reloading at the earliet save at the beginning of the game (the part before you made your first choice)? I will try that soon.
''They say truth is the first casualty of war. But who defines what's true? Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent, and sometimes that means preserving the lie of good and evil, that war isn't just natural selection played out on a grand scale. The only truth I found is that the world we live in is a giant tinderbox. All it takes...is someone to light the match" - Captain Price

X_on_my_back

Postby X_on_my_back » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:29 am

different path

Why not try different paths. I restarted my game several times before I finished, when I realised I had missed loads of stuff. I have tried to avoid spoilers by mentioning things only in the most general sense; enough for you to understand, since you finished the game, but not enough to spoil things for those on their first run.

I'm sure you did not complete every quest, in fact, because of how things shift depending on the decisions you make, its probably impossible to complete everything.

The first time I played, I found a skull (quest object) I had no idea where it fitted, came to a completely wrong conclusion in another quest, and missed a number of quests altogether. I took a boy to one woman, then after the re-start took him to another. I backed one side in the war, re-started, backed the other side, realised what b***** they were, but will probably still carry on backing them to the end.

There is certainly enough depth in the world to support several playthroughs, and it looks far too beautiful to shelve quickly.