OH NO !!! HELP ME !!!

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
Zyx
OH NO !!! HELP ME !!!

Postby Zyx » Tue Jun 12, 2001 11:53 am

Is there any way to keep your items when you start a new game ??? I just started a new game with my old chars and i found out that all my stuff dissappeared :(

Ned Flanders

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jun 12, 2001 11:56 am

Did you start a new game from BG1 with a multiplayer party of six? Please elaborate but all you have to do is start a new game but just import one of your old char's after giving his/her stuff to other party members. Then, save the game. Reload and import your other five char's into the game and you should have all your belongings. It is kind of fun to go through the beginning picking up what you can scrap along the way. If your party is loaded, you'll walk all over what opposes you.
Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women.

Zyx

Postby Zyx » Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:00 pm

Can you write it again in detail ... i started a new game with a party from BG2 (i have already completed BG2, but just wanted to start again)... plz

Yshania

Postby Yshania » Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:03 pm

Starting the game again with all the items you worked hard for the first time through is a very attractive idea. However, in my own opinion, unless you are going to play in a harder mode it really ruins the game. Considering you keep all your exp as well...
Parachute for sale, like new! Never opened!
Guinness, black goes with everything.

Zyx

Postby Zyx » Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:05 pm

But if i am going to play a harder mode ... how do i tansport items ???

Zyx

Postby Zyx » Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:30 pm

I guess no1 wants 2 help me :(

Craig

Postby Craig » Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:39 pm

Pause straight after the screen load then(if the bar isn't up) press H then put your stuff on the ground then unpause hay presto!
I'm Devious

This is my Gift. This is my Curse. Who am I? I'm [color="Red"]Sp[/color][color="Blue"]id[/color][color="Red"]er[/color][color="Blue"]Cr[/color][color="Red"]aig[/color]

Ned Flanders

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:44 pm

Zyx: Are you running a multiplayer game of six characters?

Let's work through this one step at a time.
Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women.

Zyx

Postby Zyx » Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:45 pm

after which load screen ?

Zyx

Postby Zyx » Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:47 pm

2 Ned : yes i am

Anatres

Postby Anatres » Tue Jun 12, 2001 12:58 pm

**SPOILER**
@Zyx; as soon as you start a new game you will get a black screen (just before it opens into Irenicas' dungeon). As soon as the screen turns black press the space bar (pause). You will then get a screen of your character. Go into inventory and drop everything onto the ground. Hit space bar again (unpause) and then after the open (Irenicas and the Shadow Thieves) all your stuff will be on the ground with your character.

Craig

Postby Craig » Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:10 pm

Thanks for expanding on what i said
I'm Devious

This is my Gift. This is my Curse. Who am I? I'm [color="Red"]Sp[/color][color="Blue"]id[/color][color="Red"]er[/color][color="Blue"]Cr[/color][color="Red"]aig[/color]

Ned Flanders

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:48 pm

It would appear other have a quicker means of achieving this goal. I am not certain if it will work for the whole party or the main character.

Xyx

Postby Xyx » Tue Jun 12, 2001 2:46 pm

Copy your game into the multiplayer save folder.

Start up a multiplayer session.

Create some silly character for the sole purpose of transfering goodies and put him into the party.

Load your game.

Give your "mule" character all the stuff you wish to transfer and export him.

Start your new single player game on the difficulty you want and save at the first opportunity.

Again, copy your savegame to multiplayer and start it up.

Import your mule and hand out all the goodies you like.

Save and copy the multiplayer save back to the single player save folder.

You're in business. Repeat a couple of times or use more mules if you wish to transfer more stuff.

Of course, you could import the same mule again and again and hand out the same goodie multiple times, but that would really be (gasp) cheating (as if it wasn't already, but who cares).

Have fun.
[url="http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/SpellsReference/Main.htm"]Baldur's Gate 2 Spells Reference[/url]: Strategy, tips, tricks, bugs, cheese and corrections to the manual.

Bloodstalker

Postby Bloodstalker » Wed Jun 13, 2001 10:16 am

how about make a list of all you have, start game, use shadowkeeper to give everything back............
Lord of Lurkers

Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Xyx

Postby Xyx » Wed Jun 13, 2001 10:23 am

how about make a list of all you have, start game, use shadowkeeper to give everything back............

But that would be, like, (*gasp*) cheating?

Just kidding here :)
[url="http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/SpellsReference/Main.htm"]Baldur's Gate 2 Spells Reference[/url]: Strategy, tips, tricks, bugs, cheese and corrections to the manual.