Ok, this isn't my first go-through, but I still need advices to create my party.
Up to now, I have :
- PC : Human lvl9 fighter dualled to a druid. This one will use staves, slings and spears. I may use the Berserkers kit, since I won't use slings too often.
- Keto : Human Bard (I may SK her to Human Jester or Skald...). She will use Bows, Darts, Long/Sword swords (Mainly daystar against undead).
- Aerie : Half-Elf Mage/Cleric. She will use staves and slings, even if she won't need weapons that much. Main spellcaster, using both divine and arcana magics to buff/attack/summon.
- Jan Jansen : Gnome Thief/Illusionnist. This one will use Short Swords, Crossbows, and maybe katanas or scimitars laters. Second spellcaster, will mainly use offensives and dispels spells.
As you can see, this party will lack a tank. Someone solid, who can hit hard and take many hits. I want him/her to use weapons my 4 characters won't/can't use :
- Blunt Weapons (Maces, Hammers and Flails)
- Two-Handed swords
- Bastard Swords (Keto maybe?)
- Katana (Jan maybe?)
I may add Keldon, and have him equipement with 2-Handed Swords and/or Halberds...
Mazzy could be a good choice... but I've already some1 for bows, and Keto/Jan will take short swords. An option here is to SK her into a fighter/cleric.. and gives her blunt weapons profiencies, with Sword & Shield.
Also, Minsc could be a choice, with his berserk + dual-wielding maces and another weapon (Bastard sword, axe, hammer of flail?), he could do some serious damages.
Valygar too could be some1 to pick. He could use Katanas and Long Bows.
Haer'Dalis could be cool too, since I love bards (and blades
). I would just have him dual-wield blunt weapons (Maybe SKing him?) and use sword swords Keto/Jan won't use.
Keep in mind I don't want to use Sarevok/Korgan, even if they are formidables tanks!
Thx for the comments!