Hades (Campaign thread)

Participate in role-playing games taking place right here within the GameBanshee Forums!
User avatar
Siberys
Posts: 6207
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:16 pm
Location: I live in that one place with the thing
Contact:
Hades (Campaign thread)

Postby Siberys » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:26 pm

DM Note: I've set this up to where characters meet automatically. Do as you please with what you've been given though.
For reference-
Gu'dan and Nordak meet with each other.
Shile and Jeronis meet with each other.
Alexa and Sinead meet with each other.

Chapter 1- Sundown's Nightclub.


It's dusk in the Twilight Quarter of the City of Rhodes, which means the lowlifes and scum of the city are now bustling about tending to their suspicious if not criminal tasks. This section of the city has no ruling, and is almost seceded from the government of Rhodes itself. No council member will touch the Afterhours King, Sundown, especially when they know he lines their wallets quite well when he likes them, and makes accidents happen when he doesn't like them.

Sundown is a shifty, tiny, scrawny toothpick of a man but anyone who knows the man beyond his physical appearance will know his reputation can be conniving and ruthless. Not only is he capable of tremendous destruction, but thanks to his top girl Coco's financial micromanagement, he has 12% of the entire cities economy in his hands.

Some say Sundown actually met Nero during his trials overseas; Nero took a personal interest in Sundown instead of just sending up some flying sharks or maybe a titanic whale to eat him. His body, deprived of food and basic nutrients, and his face, horribly disfigured, made him a stronger, more competent entrepreneur.

@Gu'Dan-

It has been a week since you left the tutelage of Master Gaf'n'ki, and you've made your way to the other side of the city at this point seeking out the Midnight Owl. You know he lives somewhere in the Twilight Quarter but unfortunately, it was in the last place you'd expect, a fowl slum of a tavern simply known as Sundown. You heard this from quite a few people actually, not just one or two sources.

The owner of the place is quite reputable, even for a cloistered dwarf as yourself. Sundown is a cold, heartless man, but Midnight Owl is supposedly his direct counterpart, the yin to his yang. This is only a rumor tough, not necessarily true.

You've no idea why Gaf'n'ki sent you to find this man, or what the future may hold for you in this section of the city, but before you are even able to find the Midnight Owl, you have to get inside first.

You encounter a strange looking door guard; tall, horned, gigantic axe and yet docile like you. He is a half minotaur.

@Nordak-

The surface world can be far harsher than it seems. It looks like the city functions as one well oiled machine, but in reality, it's pure chaos, and maybe that's what Skia intended it to be from the start. You had much trouble fitting in. Even with the equality act enforced, you were still quite unacceptable by most people's standards due to simply looking feral.

That is until you encountered a man. “Strange the way this town works eh chap? Bloody ingrates look at you and see a tuft o'fur an teeth. Bollocks I say! I see a man who can hold his own.

Name's Sundown. If ya ever wanna work for me, just stop in tell the bartender I sent'cha. I could use a good bouncer.”

You didn't and still don't trust this man even remotely, but your stomach demanded you take the job so you could eat. The job was pretty easy, Sundown simply told you to keep the idiots and ruffians out who might be bad for business. Though this job is easy, it's also quite boring, and you itch to find your adventurous spirit once again.

A week into the job though, you encounter a strange dwarf, sickly and yet, fit as an ox. It looks as if his body has aged and withered profusely from starvation but his body looks like it's as tough as iron.

@Shile-

The shadows of skia still speak to you from time to time. They don't coerce you into anything, but they do reveal information that usually interests you, regardless of whether it relates to your past. This time though, you are shown a location, a small hatch in the back kitchen area of a nightclub called Sundown's.

You don't hear them speak, but you get the sense that they want you to investigate this area. If they can show you a location but not show you what is inside, you deduce that they themselves cannot see what's inside. And an extradimensional near omnipotent titan unable to see the inside of a room, this does not bode well.

As the door guard converses with an aged dwarf, you manage to slip yourself in quietly and unnoticed. You nimbly step your way around the dance floor where the bards use their illusion magics in conjunction with their instruments, and you nearly succumb to the spells themselves.

You shake your head, and sneak right past the dance floor and into the kitchen. You about reached the hatch when you notice a halfling, and consequently the halfling notices you. He seems to be carrying a small container of beakers that have a bright, glowing green liquid inside.

@Jeronis-

You're a fencer, and you're damn good at it too. Dealing with the black market and negotiating sales prices for under the table merchandise nets you a great profit every now and then, and Sundown couldn't be more pleased with your work.

However, tonight Sundown came up to you with a different task. “Ey you! Whas your name again? Jeremy, that's right.” You inform him of your real name. “My mistake Jerry. Listen, pal, we have a bit of an issue.

You see that box of beakers that Kitchy usually takes care of? That there is a box of scorpion venom and spice; drop that in your eye and you'll be loopy for days. Well, Kitchy came down with a sudden case of deadness, sad shame really, he was my mate.

I need you to take this box, and deliver it to this address by midnight,” he says handing you a slip of paper. “Don't get seen, and if you do, you're dead to me.”

You finish up your grunt work, wiping down tables, doing dishes, etc etc, and then grab the box of narcotics. The instant you turn around, you see a rather pale, skinny woman standing there reaching for the hatch you know to be off limits to anyone but Sundown.

@Allexa-

Your entire life has been servitude to a pompous, arrogant nobleman and his wife. Cleaning, cooking, washing, drying, running errands, he worked you and worked you hard as a servant. You don't know how all these years he got away with you as basically a slave, considering the Equal rights act from Skia, but he somehow managed.

The last thing you saw of them was a fragment of Fos, a mere finger, engulfing Lord Eldon, literally draining away his life. For his treachery against the teachings of Fos, killing over a dozen men and even his wife, he was sentenced die a slow painful death over a period of ten thousand years, or so you've heard in your days on the streets.

You spend years wandering the streets, slowly picking up on the ways of a drifter and a thief. You steal food and supplies when you need them all up until one day you grab something that happens to be quite precious to someone else by mistake. It was a small dagger. You liked the way it looked, and didn't realize it's worth.

Six angry looking dwarves corner you and beat you senselessly. Just as you're about to be knocked unconscious, the town militia steps in with whistles blown, distracting the dwarves for a mere second, giving you just enough of an opportunity to escape into the night.

A few moments later, you turned a corner on a street and run headfirst into a woman. The first thing you notice are the red and silver streaks gleaming through her hair, followed shortly thereafter by something a little more frightening a hand and sword covered in blood.

A moment of fear struck you, but as you gazed into her eyes, you knew instantly her fear as well, she was running from something or someone just like you. You help her, wash the blood off in a nearby watering hole and get to know one another.

As you wander the streets, you to stop off in a nightclub for a drink that the silverbrowed human leads you to. Not the greatest place to get a drink or something to eat, but it's currently the only place open. As you traverse through the dance floor, nearly succumbing to the music, a shifty looking man stops you and greets you.

@Sinéad-

The shades did indeed send assassins after you, not very good assassins apparently and for two reasons. One, they directly stated they were with the Shades, and two they let you escape. They were incompetent, but not the only assassins the organization has to offer and you suspect more attempts may be made.

You know of a man in a nightclub who might be able to help. He is simply known as the midnight owl, a man who offers wisdom and aid to those who truly need it.

As you rush down the street, the sword still in your hand, a strange woman runs into you by accident. She looks like every commoner you've ever seen, indistinguishable and yet, you saw the look of fear in her eyes that you knew all too well from your brothers.

As you two get to know each other, you lead her to the nightclub in question and run into a disfigured, dastardly looking man. She doesn't seem to recognize his face, but you do. This is Sundown, the only man in the city you probably fear more than the Shades themselves.

“My my, what lovely young birds dropped into my humble nest today. Lookin for a bite to eat? Maybe somethin' a lil more dangerous and fun perhaps? Or maybe, just maybe, you come to me to work for me!

So, my fine young ladies, what'll it be?”
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

User avatar
kozeph
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:03 am
Location: left of the abyss next to a mcdonalds
Contact:

Postby kozeph » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:48 pm

Shile rests one of her hands in her waist, while the other is carefully holding the staff she so often uses as a walking device, and a nice to tool to ward off people who enjoy touching.

The woman, of pale skin, long white hair held together in a pony tail raises one of her eyebrows at the sight of the halfling. She smiles warmly yet she looks distant.

"Show me"

Her voice is icy and barely above a whisper. Her sight is now on the curios liquids he holds.

"A vision sent me, I would see what they could not see" She says mostly to herself, the shadowy human turns her attention back to the halfling.
Have you seen my brain around here? No? well in case you see it its brainy and squishy looking. If you see it let me know

User avatar
Claudius
Posts: 2842
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Hyrule
Contact:

Postby Claudius » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:01 am

::this could be trouble:: (thinking)

Jeronis gives the attractive pale lady a look-over and returns her curiosity with his own: "who are you and who told you you could be here? This is staff only", he speaks feeling security in the authority he has within his own workplace,
"As for the liquids, they're delicious-wanna taste, didn think so" *winks* All in one breath.

Making sure the to secure the liquids Jeronis awaits a response hoping the strange lady won't bring trouble.

Edited reason: to replace 'he' with Jeronis..
Right Speech has four aspects: 1. Not lying, but speaking the truth, 2. Avoiding rude and coarse words, but using gentle speech beneficial to the listener, 3. Not slandering, but promoting friendliness and unity, 4. Avoiding frivolous speech, but saying only what is appropriate and beneficial.

User avatar
malinzaro
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Postby malinzaro » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:35 am

Siberys wrote:The surface world can be far harsher than it seems. It looks like the city functions as one well oiled machine, but in reality, it's pure chaos, and maybe that's what Skia intended it to be from the start. You had much trouble fitting in. Even with the equality act enforced, you were still quite unacceptable by most people's standards due to simply looking feral.

That is until you encountered a man. “Strange the way this town works eh chap? Bloody ingrates look at you and see a tuft o'fur an teeth. Bollocks I say! I see a man who can hold his own.

Name's Sundown. If ya ever wanna work for me, just stop in tell the bartender I sent'cha. I could use a good bouncer.”

You didn't and still don't trust this man even remotely, but your stomach demanded you take the job so you could eat. The job was pretty easy, Sundown simply told you to keep the idiots and ruffians out who might be bad for business. Though this job is easy, it's also quite boring, and you itch to find your adventurous spirit once again.

A week into the job though, you encounter a strange dwarf, sickly and yet, fit as an ox. It looks as if his body has aged and withered profusely from starvation but his body looks like it's as tough as iron.


Nordak watched down at Sundown with a slight disgust thinking the man could use a good slap, but on the other hand he felt that he could be dangerous enough to be eyes wide open while around him. He really needed to gather some coins for the green belt adorned with dragons he had in mind for a couple of weeks already and while the task to find an appropriate wizard to enchant such a wonder could be difficult enough, he would certainly need a small fortune on top of it. At this point any job would do him a favor really, so he almost spit the words out as he spoke,

You got the deal old chap. Maybe you can also count some coins on top of it.

Hours were passing by and Nordak was standing by the door of the tavern gazing fiercely at every customer that looked peculiar enough to warrant such a look. The dwarf that just appeared like from nowhere certainly attracted his curiosity since he looked very different from his dear dwarves he spent so many years with, but he tried to hide that when he shake his horns asking with a guttural voice,

You need something?


Edit - OOC: Unless stated otherwise my Presence Draconic Aura is active at all times.
Edit: Last post since I'll be in a holiday. See you in a week and have fun!
Nordak Rockhoof - HP:10/23, AC17/T10/F17, Init.:+0/20ft., Save:F7/R0/W2, Att.:+4(1+4STR-1PA)
Westan Krest - HP:10/10, AC15/T12/F13, Init.:+2/20ft., Save:F4/R2/W2, Att.:+2(1+2STR-1PA)
Tools: Dice Roller

User avatar
kozeph
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:03 am
Location: left of the abyss next to a mcdonalds
Contact:

Postby kozeph » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Shile tries to give a reassuring smile to the halfling, yet even then the dark human looks more distant than before.

"How rude of you, to ask a lady for her name without giving your first master halfling"

The lithe figure bends her knees and drops so her eyes can be levelled with Halfling.

"Shile, a servant of Skia... a visitor from the shadows" She says cripticly while extending her hand for a handshake.

"I mean no trouble, I am merely looking for something, which might be in that basement of yours, the servants of Skia gave me a vision I wish to learn its meaning"

Shile smiles and almost chuckles a laughter from her pale lips and throat. "She always shows me the most amusing of sights"
Have you seen my brain around here? No? well in case you see it its brainy and squishy looking. If you see it let me know

User avatar
Claudius
Posts: 2842
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Hyrule
Contact:

Postby Claudius » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:09 pm

"Well nice to make your aquaintence Shila", the halfling says pleased at her gesture. "Jeronis Griel"


Lifting his small grubby paw he takes the slender hand offered. "shadows" he comments "well if you want to look in Sundown's basement you better speak to Mr. Sundown"

"Not sure who these servants of Skia are but I'd think twice about running errands for them without respecting other forces"... He gives his maskish madcat grin "forces in the shadows"
Right Speech has four aspects: 1. Not lying, but speaking the truth, 2. Avoiding rude and coarse words, but using gentle speech beneficial to the listener, 3. Not slandering, but promoting friendliness and unity, 4. Avoiding frivolous speech, but saying only what is appropriate and beneficial.

User avatar
Annette
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:59 pm
Location: Haha... no.
Contact:

Postby Annette » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:59 am

Oh, lovely, I think to myself as I look upon the heavily scarred man before me. "Mr. Sundown," I address him politely, trying to hide my nervousness under a veil of false bravado. "Fancy meeting you here. In... your nightclub." Damn, I really shouldn't suspected this. Why did I come here of all places?

Hoping that he hasn't heard of my recent mishap, I try to play it off. "Let's get down to business, shall we? The Shades have something we decided might be of interest to you. Could we step into the back room?"

If I am successful, I try to warn Alexa to get away with a furtive hand gesture.

Bluff: 1d20+9=27
Hide: 1d20+5=12

User avatar
Siberys
Posts: 6207
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:16 pm
Location: I live in that one place with the thing
Contact:

Postby Siberys » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:25 pm

@Sinead

Bluff Failure.

"Now now poppet, no need to be nervous around big daddy sundown! I'm not gonna getcha like them bloody vermin roamin the streets lookin fo' handouts." He says callously.

"Let's get down to business, shall we? The Shades have something we decided might be of interest to you. Could we step into the back room?"


"Well now love, I dunno about that. The shades are pretty inconsequential to me, not sure they'd have anything of value.

But I suppose this isn't the first time some tasty treat like yourself promised me somethin' good."

@Sinead and Allexa

He leads you two to the back kitchen area where he immediately stops "What in blazes is that lil' girl doin here?" He asks the halfling who has a lady just standing near the entrance to a small hatch. "I oughta ring you're lil neck out for letting her slip by you."

OOC- What was the hide check for again? Just a quick tip, please place skill checks with appropriate actions to eliminate confusion, as opposed to all of them at the bottom. Thanks! :)

@Everyone

Now that the game has started and all characters are posted, feel free to use the player discussion thread for any player only discussions.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

User avatar
Claudius
Posts: 2842
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Hyrule
Contact:

Postby Claudius » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Wet fear pangs through Jeronis as his boss barks at him. He transmutes his frustration addressing Sundown: "she wants to look to see what is within the shadows of this here establishment"...then turning his head glancing at both "you two may have interests in common. Are we all five of us cozy here?" "or does anyone need a drink? I'll buy the cheapest we have *winks*"

edit: *chuckles*... can't wink at five people ???
Right Speech has four aspects: 1. Not lying, but speaking the truth, 2. Avoiding rude and coarse words, but using gentle speech beneficial to the listener, 3. Not slandering, but promoting friendliness and unity, 4. Avoiding frivolous speech, but saying only what is appropriate and beneficial.

User avatar
MistSonata
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Rochester NY
Contact:

Postby MistSonata » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Allexa followed Sundown at first, but held back as she caught Sinead's signal. Her gaze lingered upon the two for a moment, attempting to discern what was truly going on between them, as they seemed to know each other.

[QUOTE="Sense Motive (Sundown)"]1d20+7
13+7 = 20[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Sense Motive (Sinead)"]1d20+7
19+7 = 26[/QUOTE]

"You go ahead, Sinnie, I fancy myself a drink." She said nonchalantly. It had only been a few hours since she met the woman and already she had a nickname for her. "Do let me know when you're finished." And with that she slipped off toward the bar to order something for herself.
[SIZE="3"] ~ Character Sheets ~[/size]
- [ Elliah Airana ] - Karnakiid: Valley of Mist and Flame
- [ Allexa Felis ] - The Scarred Land of Hades

User avatar
kozeph
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:03 am
Location: left of the abyss next to a mcdonalds
Contact:

Postby kozeph » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:40 pm

"Oh yes, silly me... I tend to forget such details, now if you can point me to..."

The voice behind Shile makes her stand up and calmly turn around.

"Ah, Mr Sundown I wanted to talk to you"

The pale lady makes a soft smile, but doesn't blink and steps forward.

"I had a vision and I tend to forget local manners when ever I am persuing one, my apologies"

Shile cuts herself short and takes one deep breath "I also tend to ramble and talk people ears off, when ever I get like this"

"Would you allow me to take a look in your basement?" Shile says while her pale lips curl into a second smile, that still makes her look rather absent minded and uninterest in the whole affair.

Diplomacy 14+2=16

Shile then turns around and lightly bites her thumb, she just realized that this large man might not be Sundown and she could be making a fool of herself, meaby he was the cook and the two other young ladies his assistants.,,

"I do hope you are the owner of this lively corner of the city, if not could you point me to Mr Sundown?"
Have you seen my brain around here? No? well in case you see it its brainy and squishy looking. If you see it let me know

User avatar
Annette
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:59 pm
Location: Haha... no.
Contact:

Postby Annette » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:53 pm

(The hide check was for my "furtive hand gesture." Sorry if that wasn't clear.)

I decide to stay silent as Sundown deals with his apparently incompetent henchman.

User avatar
Treblin
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:55 pm
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Postby Treblin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 am

[SPOILER][url="http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/XiRay-08/dwarf_monk.jpg"]Gu'dan picture[/url][/SPOILER]

Gu'dan wandered the city of Rhodes with purpose. Master Gaf'n'kis' purpose was yet unknown and Gu'dan was not going to question his intent or urgency. He made his way to the Twilight Quarter, a section of the City that Gu'dan had not visited in quite some while. The Sundown was not very hard to find the sounds of scuffle amongst the streets and passers by being overheard mentioning the derelict establishment it was easy enough to follow a patron to his designation.

Approaching the run down tavern Gu'dan happened upon the site of a strange man beast of legends known to all dwarves, the dreaded Minotaur. Gu'dan wondered to himself how his fowl beast known to inhabit such lairs deep beneath the earth like himself made it to the surface and was able to survive without being slain on sight. The beasts large axe was quite intimidating and the notorious horns.... Gu'dan hesitantly approached the beast that appeared to be guarding the entrance to the Tavern.

Gu'dan choked back any innate emotion to feel contempt for this beast and spoke, [color="DarkOrange"]"This the Sundown, Aye?"[/color]

User avatar
Siberys
Posts: 6207
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:16 pm
Location: I live in that one place with the thing
Contact:

Postby Siberys » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 am

@Shile-

Sundown looks deep into your eyes. "You WILL leave my establishment now!"

Make a will save.


@Allexa

You saunter over to the bar of this establishment where the atypical bartender is wiping down a glass with a white towel. Unlike any stereotypical bartender you've ever seen though, you can quite clearly see this man has no face of any kind.

It's not a matter of a wound or disfigurement, but rather there are no eyeholes or eyes, no mouth and no nose, almost as if his body was born that way.

"Can I getcha somethin' little lady?" He asks, surprisingly without his mouth.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

User avatar
kozeph
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:03 am
Location: left of the abyss next to a mcdonalds
Contact:

Postby kozeph » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:37 am

Shile doesn't blink and stares right back at the burly man.

Will save: 14+4=18

If successful

"Well are you or a you not Mr Sundown, if you are can I take a look" Shile stands upright and continues staring at the men.

Intimidate: 20+4=24 (yeaaah :D )

If failed

"Well, then no need to be rude" Shile walks past him and out the building.

"If its fail fail

Shile simply walks away.
Have you seen my brain around here? No? well in case you see it its brainy and squishy looking. If you see it let me know

User avatar
MistSonata
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Rochester NY
Contact:

Postby MistSonata » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:53 am

Allexa stares for a moment at the bartender, lost for words, but then continues again as if nothing were amiss. "I'll have a pint of elven wine, if you please." she says calmly, drawing her nails lightly across the counter top.
[SIZE="3"] ~ Character Sheets ~[/size]
- [ Elliah Airana ] - Karnakiid: Valley of Mist and Flame
- [ Allexa Felis ] - The Scarred Land of Hades

User avatar
Siberys
Posts: 6207
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:16 pm
Location: I live in that one place with the thing
Contact:

Postby Siberys » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 pm

In the interest of moving things along, I'm going to include Mal's character in the group later when he returns, and just have him be a random door guard for now.

@Gu'Dan

The half minotaur gruffs in the affirmative, and issues you inside. You see a myriad of colors and magics in the air as the bards play their wild and chaotic music.

You see several patrons sitting at tables, either burnt out from the excitement already, or if they have the energy, filling up on alcohol or dropping spice venom into their eyes.

Near the bar you happen to notice a rather plain looking girl at one of the stools. You notice because this club has a bit of a theme and a very distinguished patron dais, someone ordinary like her doesn't seem to fit in very well.

You can also hear mumblings of a dispute in the back area, but it's just barely louder than the volume of the music itself, and you can't make it out.

@Shile-

Will Success, you don't seem to succumb to his gaze.

"You have a stronger will than I imagined. No matter, though. Perhaps a more ol' fashioned approach is necessary.

If you don't leave this glorious haven, I'll saw your head off with a rusty knife, now hows'at for a get the hell out?"

@Allexa-

"Everyone stares at the face, or lack thereof. It's no big deal. It's an oddity and I'm okay with that," he says as he slides you your drink.

"You on the other hand stick out like a sore thumb in this place, what gives? Run away from somethin fierce?"
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

User avatar
Claudius
Posts: 2842
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Hyrule
Contact:

Postby Claudius » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Seeing that his boss is in no joking mood today Jeronis wishes he could leave himself.

:: Stupid job. Can't wait to get back to the wilds. ::
Right Speech has four aspects: 1. Not lying, but speaking the truth, 2. Avoiding rude and coarse words, but using gentle speech beneficial to the listener, 3. Not slandering, but promoting friendliness and unity, 4. Avoiding frivolous speech, but saying only what is appropriate and beneficial.

User avatar
MistSonata
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Rochester NY
Contact:

Postby MistSonata » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Allexa allowed herself a bit of a smirk. "It only startled me for a moment." She said quietly, "Everyone has oddities, it's simply that some are more disquieting than others. No excuse to treat people differently..." She takes an appraising sidelong glance at the other patrons of the room. "You have a point, though. I usually use this appearance to help myself blend in when I work the streets, but it's definitely out of place here. Not much I can do about the clothes at the moment, but..." as she says this, her features melt a little and morph; her skin becoming smooth and clear, her features young and pixie-like, her frame thinning out just barely enough to be noticeable. Her hair turns from a wavy, dirty looking brown to shoulder length raven black, straight and feathered.

"...I think this will help me blend in a little more. What do you think?" She said, looking up at the faceless bartender. An impish grin crossed her features.
[SIZE="3"] ~ Character Sheets ~[/size]
- [ Elliah Airana ] - Karnakiid: Valley of Mist and Flame
- [ Allexa Felis ] - The Scarred Land of Hades

User avatar
Siberys
Posts: 6207
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:16 pm
Location: I live in that one place with the thing
Contact:

Postby Siberys » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:28 pm

@Allexa

"Interesting look," he says, bewildered for a moment. "Though I prefer an au natural look myself.

So what brings you to this dive?"

@Jeronis

Assuming you get back to work, your delivery brings you to a hole-in-the-wall of a house. Thankfully, there's no one around to see you with this package, which isn't entirely killing the bond between you and Sundown.

As you open the door, several winged creatures, birds and bats alike, flutter out. You see a withered old man of bone and decayed flesh slinking on the chair almost as if he were dead. Rotted teeth, stringed hair, gray skin, you might as well call a time of death.

That is until he says to you "That box is for me isn't it? Shut the damn door!"
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]