Forum Cleanup

This forum is for discussion between the GameBanshee moderators.
BuckGB
Forum Cleanup

Postby BuckGB » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:51 am

As most of you have probably already noticed, I've added another tier to the forum system. The main forum index now lists the categories only and members have to click them to be brought to all respective sub-forums. The idea here is to get the main index cleaned up so it doesn't seem so overwhelming to new members.

I've also made the following merges:

RPG Hybrid Discussion -> Non-RPG Discussion
BioShock -> Action RPG Discussion
Might and Magic Series -> RPG Discussion
Ultima Series -> RPG Discussion
Wizardry Series -> RPG Discussion

All of the above forums had been around for a long time and had less than 500 posts in total (~100 each). If you moderated any of these forums and want to replace it with someone else, please let me know. I've also added a Two Worlds forum temporarily to see how it does, so that's another option if anyone is looking for another forum to moderate.

It's possible I might reopen a BioShock forum at a later date, but I'm still undecided if I'm even going to do a walkthrough and other sections for the game yet. If I do, it would easily be the most action-oriented game on GameBanshee and I'm not sure I want to stray quite that far. Any pros/cons to doing so?

If you have any issues with the above changes, please let me know.

Siberys

Postby Siberys » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:08 am

IMO, this might become a hassle for people using dialup, but otherwise it looks spiffy.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

BuckGB

Postby BuckGB » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:14 pm

Siberys wrote:IMO, this might become a hassle for people using dialup, but otherwise it looks spiffy.

Well, it only means one extra click for everyone. Hopefully that won't be an issue for any dialup users, especially since they can still hop directly to the forum of their choosing if they have it set as a favorite or bookmark.

Personally, I think it does the trick of making the forums look busier at first glance. It also puts some spotlight on the forums that required a lot of page scrolling before. Now we just need to figure out a way to drum up some more interest in the MMORPG category ;) .

Siberys

Postby Siberys » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:38 pm

BuckGB wrote:Now we just need to figure out a way to drum up some more interest in the MMORPG category ;) .

Start a Dungeon Runners forum. I don't play this myself, but I've read that it's rather popular considering it's free and just as expansive as WoW was in its initial release (before all the addons, patches and expansions). If I remember right, Shadowbane is also a free legit MMO, and just as well designed as many other games near its time.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

BuckGB

Postby BuckGB » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:43 pm

Siberys wrote:Start a Dungeon Runners forum. I don't play this myself, but I've read that it's rather popular considering it's free and just as expansive as WoW was in its initial release (before all the addons, patches and expansions). If I remember right, Shadowbane is also a free legit MMO, and just as well designed as many other games near its time.

Do we have any reason to believe people would want to talk about Dungeon Runners? I have never seen anyone pay any attention to the news I've posted about it over the years (low views and no comments). If our World of Warcraft and D&D Online forums get little traffic, I just don't see how a lower budget massively multiplayer action RPG would garner much interest.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but I actually had a Shadowbane subsite and forum years ago on GameBanshee. Neither one got much traffic at all, even after the game's release. If nobody cared about the game then, I doubt they would now either.

If there's a good reason to think I'm wrong, though, I'd be fine with giving either forum a test run.