The 'Official Away Thread' - Post Your Vacations Here

This forum is for discussion between the GameBanshee moderators.
Vicsun
The 'Official Away Thread' - Post Your Vacations Here

Postby Vicsun » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:03 pm

Dragon Wench mentioned it'd be a good idea to start this thread, and since I've been on the verge of doing it for a while, I'll go ahead and take the initiative on this one. It seems to me it'll be easier to track who's missing this way.

To make things even simpler, I think it'd be grand if people deleted their posts when they're back so that the only posts here are moderators who are away - that would minimize the need to go back and fourth through the thread to find out which forums we should still keep an eye on.
That's just my trying-to-be-helpful suggestion and if it's too much effort or a bad idea or something feel free to not do it.

To start off, as far as I can tell, everyone's present and moderating at a furious pace.
Vicsun, I certainly agree with your assertion that you are an unpleasant person. ~Chanak

:(

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:44 pm

Will be away from civilsation and internet from and including the 2nd of august to haf of august 6th.
Insert signature here.

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:28 am

Bump, just a reminder that I'll be away from 0400 CET tomorrow morning to most of sunday - so cover for me :)
Insert signature here.

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:55 am

Back again and rested for kicking :)
Insert signature here.

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:05 am

Just to give some advance warning, not that the forums I cover are all that high maintenance ;)

I will be away from this coming Saturday (August 12) to August 21.

*braces self for SO's family union* :D
[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][SIZE="1"]Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][color="Silver"].......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.[/size][/color]

Bloodstalker

Postby Bloodstalker » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:43 am

Just a heads up that for the next 2 weeks I may be around less and less as the time progresses. I've finally bit the bullet and am going back to college, so I'll be moving as well as having quite a bit of personal things to take care of over that time.

The forums I mod don't get that much traffic, so it shouldn't be an issue, but you never know. Things should be more normal after the 21st.
Lord of Lurkers

Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:27 pm

I'm back... ;)

Looks like I missed one Hell of a brawl here! :eek:
[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][SIZE="1"]Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][color="Silver"].......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.[/size][/color]

Bloodstalker

Postby Bloodstalker » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:35 am

I'm gonna be gone until Monday. Not sure how much I'll be around here as I'm not sure what kind of connection, if any, I'll have til then. :)
Lord of Lurkers

Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

fable

Postby fable » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:57 am

I'll be leaving tomorrow, Friday, for 3 weeks of vacation, mostly in Budapest. My internet access will likely be limited to a few minutes each day, and I won't be able to watch my forums, much less handle emergencies. Just a head's up, and I'd appreciate anybody else who can keep an eye on the MW, BG2, and V:TM while I'm gone. :)
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:41 am

Its looking likely that I will be away visiting a friend this weekend, but I'm unsure for how long. It will probably just be a few days but could end up being all week :p

I probably won't be leaving til Friday so I should be around until then, and my forums don't really see very much traffic and rarely need any input from moderators - the Fable 2 forum is the most popular of them but is still pretty easy to moderate :)

Edit: I'm away as of 11am GMT. I might still be able to check on my forums occasionally though as I may have access to a PC but I can't guarantee it. Its looking increasingly likely that I will be gone for a week and possibly longer as I now have a few modelling shoots to do for my friend that will depend on the weather.

Edit 2: I won't be back now for another week, so I should be around regularly again sometime near the 5th or 6th October

fable

Postby fable » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:43 am

I'm back. It'll take some time to get out from under the mountain of correspondence and work that has accumulated, but at least, I'm here, with regular computer access. :)
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:39 pm

I'm back again now so should be around as normal again :)

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:38 am

I'm away again now after leaving on the spur of the moment last night to be with a friend because she is ill. I don't think I'm going to be able to check the forums while I'm here, but might be able to occasionally. I should be back in about a week.

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:39 am

I'm still away but I should be able to check the forums everyday again now so I'll be around as usual again.

fable

Postby fable » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:29 am

I'll be up in Boston starting this afternoon, and largely away from computers through until Sunday evening. Please keep an eye on my forums until then. Thanks. :)

Chanak

Postby Chanak » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:20 pm

Will do, senor. Have a nice trip. :)
CYNIC, n.:
A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.
-[url="http://www.alcyone.com/max/lit/devils/a.html"]The Devil's Dictionary[/url]

Siberys

Postby Siberys » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:12 pm

I'm not exactly away or on vacation or anything, but Gamebanshee is taking at least five minutes to load a single page for me (dunno if it's that way for everybody else or not).

In any case, it took me a half hour just to get to this thread. I can try and moderate some of the threads, but if there's something on there and I'm not on (I never hide my status of being online btw), could someone please take care of it.

Sorry about this, I dunno what's going on. If you know what it is or how to fix it, or if you just wanna let me know I'm not the only one, shoot me an email-

siberys123@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Seems to be working a lot faster now, dunno what happened, but I'm back.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

fable

Postby fable » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:54 pm

I'll be out of town and away from the computer starting Friday night, through most of Sunday, this week. Please keep an eye on my forums until I return, and if you have any problems, turn to Xandax and Buck for all your banning needs. :)

fable

Postby fable » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:34 pm

I'm back. Don't anticipate any further interruptions until sometime in December.

Maharlika

Postby Maharlika » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:14 pm

I'll be leaving for Bangkok again today (Nov 2: Manila timezone) and be back on Nov. 8. I doubt it if I would have time for moderating since I'll be neck-deep with all the seminars and meetings that I have to attend.
[color="DarkRed"]"There is no weakness in honest sorrow... only in succumbing to depression over what cannot be changed."[/color] --- Alaundo, BG2

Brother Scribe, Keeper of the Holy Scripts of COMM

[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/"]Moderator, Speak Your Mind Forum[/url]
[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/sym-specific-rules-please-read-before-posting-14427.html"]SYM Specific Forum Rules[/url]