In This Thread, You Can Post About Problematic Members

This forum is for discussion between the GameBanshee moderators.
Maharlika

Postby Maharlika » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:13 am

@fable: So if we click on the "report" icon, it doesn't go to Buck?

At any rate, I PM'ed Buck another user with multiple spams in at least two threads. These posts I have deleted already.

I guess Buck is already expecting a deluge of PM's till the problem is fixed.
[color="DarkRed"]"There is no weakness in honest sorrow... only in succumbing to depression over what cannot be changed."[/color] --- Alaundo, BG2

Brother Scribe, Keeper of the Holy Scripts of COMM

[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/"]Moderator, Speak Your Mind Forum[/url]
[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/sym-specific-rules-please-read-before-posting-14427.html"]SYM Specific Forum Rules[/url]

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:49 am

I must admit it gets pointlessly silly deleting the same threads every 1-2 hours :(
Insert signature here.

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Sat May 15, 2010 9:25 am

alrodz112 ???

posted:
http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/gamebanshee-discussion-8/adverts-again-108608.html
http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/non-rpg-discussion-15/the-most-terrifying-enemy-in-games-117550.html
http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/education-free-or-not-13036-p2.html

Looks like a real person as opposed to a bot... smells like a spammer with quasi-nonsense posts.. but I'm not 100% sure, so I haven't taken any action.
Thoughts?
[SIZE="1"](because I'm new at this "supermod" thing :o ... and every time I log in I still can't shed the image of stepping into a phone booth and re-emerging dressed in blue tights and a red cape :D )[/size]

btw, I did check the IP and it comes from Indonesia (as opposed to Singapore which he lists as his location).. but I'm not quite sure if that means anything.
[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][SIZE="1"]Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][color="Silver"].......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.[/size][/color]

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Sat May 15, 2010 11:09 am

The poster also triggered my own warning flag, but it does indeed seem to be a person, so there's not much to react on other then "odd" :)
Insert signature here.

Siberys

Postby Siberys » Sat May 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Compatibility ? - GameBanshee Forums

Three virtually identical threads, just pertaining to different games. I don't think this is technically against the rules but isn't this a bit excessive? Especially considering he has over 300 posts, and due to that I would consider him to be knowledgeable of how things work on GB.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Thu May 27, 2010 10:28 am

I wondered that myself initially... But, then I read the posts and his situation. Sounds like he's confined because of a handicap and is desperately trying to find a game to take his mind off of things.... So, *shrug*, my view was that it's a bit excessive, but understandable because of the circumstances.

My two cents anyway.
[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][SIZE="1"]Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][color="Silver"].......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.[/size][/color]

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Thu May 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Curry again?

I've just been looking at [url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/alpha-protocol-118/anyone-played-it-yet-117618.html"]this thread[/url]...

It seems Curry is openly talking about possessing a game that hasn't actually been released yet (or is just out?) while complaining that he needs an activation code to play it... :rolleyes:

Thoughts here?

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Fri May 28, 2010 7:56 am

Does anyone know the exact release date for the area in which Curry lives? If it is after when he claims to have played and there is no demo available then he must have obtained it illegally and is admitting to as much.

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Fri May 28, 2010 8:23 am

Looks to be the leaked version he mentioned that he's played/playing.
I think the post in question can be removed/soft deleted
Insert signature here.

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Fri May 28, 2010 9:11 am

Xandax wrote:Looks to be the leaked version he mentioned that he's played/playing.
I think the post in question can be removed/soft deleted

Since the forum doesn't seem to have a moderator, I suppose one of us needs to deal with it. Shall I, or did you want to?

Also, does Curry receive any kind of an infraction or just a warning?

I tend to prefer a lightish hand when it comes to modding, but Curry doesn't exactly have the best track record...

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:45 am

LastDanceSaloon

His/her posting style seems to be to post multiple times in a row instead of editing his post.
I've send a PM asking to edit instead of posting 2 or 3 times in a row.
Insert signature here.

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:11 pm

Is it just me, or is this person an exceptionally talented ad spammer?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/baldurs-gate-20/baldurs-gate-screen-resolution-skewed-117672.html

I can't quite tell...

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:39 am

Well - there looks to be something wrong with the avatar size for me at least - so notify Buck about that.

As for the post itself it looks like a reference advertisement hidden as a post, but I wouldn't care too much about it, because I doubt clicks will cause actions on newegg and thus "rewards", but well - I'd say it is a reference advert based on the link itself.
Insert signature here.

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Sorry for the delay replying Xandax, things have been a bit hectic on my end.
Anyway, I contacted Buck about ava size (we also had a definite spammer with an oversized ava), and he has imposed a limit, I think.

Buck also isn't sure what to make of the post linked above. *shrugs* Maybe just keep an eye on him/her/it?

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:20 am

I've just logged on after my holiday and seen that post ... I can't work out if thats a link to the monitor he has so that people may be able to get specs, or if its an ad :S Its certainly a thread I'll keep an eye on.

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm wondering if it's just me....
Is Pakmn in the [url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/the-witcher-series-94/"]Witcher forum[/url] simply lazy and stupid..or is he a form of troll?
Thoughts?

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:25 am

Advertisers getting smarter or posters getting dumber?

I just took a look at [url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/can-this-game-work-on-pc-117894.html"]this thread[/url] in SYM, and thought it odd that somebody would apparently buy a game labelled as being specifically for XBox and then ask if it could be played on PC.
The first time poster also supplies a link.. I checked out the IP and it is Chinese. Not to kneejerk discriminate or anything, but almost half of our ad spammers come from China (the other half being from Eastern Europe).... Seems a bit suspicious to me.
Anyway, I'm going to pass it along to Buck, see what he thinks.

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Can I get a ban on ZinBaGener? He is advertising health care in the NWN2 forums :rolleyes:

Siberys

Postby Siberys » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Has yet to post anything but [url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/member.php?u=72906"]webhostingbest[/url] has clearly indicated he's a bot through a visitor message in his own profile.

Clever tactic actually. Make us wonder if his name indicates he's a bot or if someone is trying to be funny, we click it, and see the ad through our own doing :P
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:56 am

It happens occasionally we get that advertisement bot/person.
I've removed the advert in the message, but you need to request a ban directly from Buck as we can only ban via posts.
Insert signature here.