Is the game different for different people?

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
Alderion
Is the game different for different people?

Postby Alderion » Thu Oct 12, 2000 1:52 am

In the game I am playing there is no bed in Bodhi's area. I have fought her and she ran away but when I go the area where it says her bed is it's just a small humming ship with nothing inside.

This and every night I have to go to an inn or leave the city as Tanela is out and wipes out my party. I cannot even hit it...

Equis

Postby Equis » Thu Oct 12, 2000 2:23 pm

The game does vary a lot for different party lineups and choices you make throughout the game. However, the main plot line stays the same, and Bodhi is a part of that main plot line.

First, do you have wooden stakes to finish Bodhi?

Second, have you been to the Asylum yet?

Let me know a few more details and I might be able to help out.

------------------
Equis - Editor
[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com"]Gamebanshee[/url]
www.gamebanshee.com
Make your Gaming Scream!
Equis - Editor
[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com"]Gamebanshee[/url]
www.gamebanshee.com
Make your Gaming Scream!

Alderion

Postby Alderion » Thu Oct 12, 2000 3:14 pm

Hi there,

Just got to the asylum last night. Thinking I might start a new party and do some things a little different due to the actions of a certain party member....

I was thinking of making a party up out of
me Paladin (inquisitor)
Jaheira
Mazzy (or Minsc)
Nalia (might replace with Imoen)
Jan
Viconia (I would take Anomen but he is such a PITA)

I would take Keldorn and be a Monk but I think having Viconia and Keldorn may not work out too well.

White Rabbit

Postby White Rabbit » Mon May 14, 2001 12:43 am

That's not true, they rip eachother's throats out!
When logic and proportion,
Have fallen sloppy dead,
And the White Knight is talking backwards,
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the doormouse said.

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Mon May 14, 2001 7:36 am

Originally posted by White Rabbit:
<STRONG>That's not true, they rip eachother's throats out!</STRONG>

This depends on different things. I have made it thru the game with Edwin and Minsc together without them trying to kill each other.
"Vile and evil, yes. But, That's Weasel" From BS's book, MD 20/20: Fine Wines of Rocky Flop.

TheDude

Postby TheDude » Mon May 14, 2001 7:50 am

Originally posted by Weasel:
<STRONG>This depends on different things. I have made it thru the game with Edwin and Minsc together without them trying to kill each other.</STRONG>

i played the game twice with Minsc and Edwin but they never killed each other.
There fights seddled down when Edwin got his big change so i think that is a way to keep them both.

fable

Postby fable » Mon May 14, 2001 8:04 am

The game definitely looks at reputation in determining the "nervousness" of party members to others of different ethical persuasions. I think it may also take a glance at the charisma of the party leader, but I'm not sure.

@Alderion, for what it's worth, I suggest going out during the daytime, only, once you've declared your allegience to the Shadow Thieves, unless you've already run a bunch of the Chapter 2 quests. If you have a good cleric in your party, they should be able by then to cast the area effect spell, False Dawn (level 6). One or two of these will wipe out most undead. Bolt of Glory is also very good, but deals with only one opponent at a time.
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.