Cloack of Balduran in BG2 without cheating?

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
Stilgar
Cloack of Balduran in BG2 without cheating?

Postby Stilgar » Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:42 pm

Someone told me that the cloack of balduran is in BG2, if so WHERE? It's one of the best items in BG1 and it would still be in BG2!
[color="DarkRed"]I do not have the touch, nor do I have the power.[/color]

Ned Flanders

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Jan 09, 2002 2:50 pm

I think you can buy it from the additional vendor in waukeens promenade
Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women.

Astafas

Postby Astafas » Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:24 am

Originally posted by Ned Flanders:
<STRONG>I think you can buy it from the additional vendor in waukeens promenade</STRONG>

If you mean the one in AM, then no. I've never seen this cloak in BG2.
Proud SLURRite Vampiric Lawyer of the Rolling Thunder (TM) - Visitors WELCOME !!!
[size=0](Feel free to join us for a drink, play some pool or even relax in a hottub (but the coffin's mine!) - want to learn more? )[/size]

Life seems short considering how long you will be dead.

Char_Aznable

Postby Char_Aznable » Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:28 am

You can find a woman selling the cloak in the adventurer's mart. She also sells the Cloak of Verna best cloak for mages. You need to have the limited edition for SOA to see her. I think she is also available with the latest patch or something :eek:

Whailor

Postby Whailor » Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:43 am

The vendor - Deidre - in AM sells Robe of Vecna, which is indeed a very good caster robe, best in game. However, she does NOT sell Cloak of Balduran. She has Shield of Balduran, Plate of Balduran and Sword of Balduran, only. In the game is also the Helm of Balduran, at the beginnig in Jon's dungeon.

Neither the another "special" vendor in Copper Coronet sells the Cloak of Balduran. It's simply not in BG2, sadly. Or if it is, then it's damn well hidden..