help with kangaxx

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
Lone__Warrior
help with kangaxx

Postby Lone__Warrior » Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:54 am

does anybody know what to do once you get kangaxx into "floating skull" form? I dont have a problem killing him until that point when he starts to cast Imprisonment on my monk who has 110 resistance to magic....i thought that was a bit strange

Char_Aznable

Postby Char_Aznable » Sat Jan 05, 2002 7:24 am

A berserker is immune when in berserk mode. If you do not have one then morph into the slayer. Or use a mage to cast Absolute immunity:abjucation. If you still have none of the above, go to the adventurer's mart and buy a scroll of protection against magic(with TOB patch) if you do not have the patch the scroll is sold by the drawfs in the underdark.

You will also need a weapon of at least +4 to be able to hit him.

Lone__Warrior

Postby Lone__Warrior » Sat Jan 05, 2002 7:26 am

any suggestions on some +4 weapons i could use?

Char_Aznable

Postby Char_Aznable » Sat Jan 05, 2002 7:57 am

hmmm The Halbred 'Wave' is a +4(not tried before), Carsomyr(works), the war blade+4(not tried before), Sliver Sword(works), Mace of disruption+1(works) not plus 4 but works as it force him to make the save and have a chance of killing him, Daystar(heard it works but have not tried) Gesan's Bow also works but he regen faster then I could kill him.

You can also cast the black blade of disaster to deal with him. :eek:

Amidala

Postby Amidala » Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:40 am

1. Protection from Undead (makes you invisible)
2. Scroll/Spell Limited Wish: "I wish I could be anything I want".
3. Turn into Mindflayer and drain the skull.

DaJir

Postby DaJir » Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:49 pm

Ring of Ram (two if you can pickpocket and don't mind cheese).
Any clone spell to get double use out of it.
4 shots of ring of ram should kill it (two from you and two from your clone.) it has a wing buffet like blow back effect so if you're lucky and have good aim you could push it into a thief trap.
Melfs meteors will take a one hp a hit, but its quick and you can kill him with if you have a solo sorc/mage and cast a simmy(buy or steal a scroll from copper cornet) and have it use MMM also.
Spell Immunity-Abj (scroll merchant in Bridge district sells it, pickpocketable too so thiefs can go nuts) is a must or protection from undead. I think imprisonment ignores magic reistance and has no save. So either being invul to it or invis to him so he won't see ya to cast it is the only way to go. If you like live'n dangerously you could use alot of summoned fodder, but ya need alot of spell casters and a way to do quick dmg.

Oh yeah, keep the low level advice come'n.