+4 weapon in chapter 2 or 3 (usable by monk)? *TO Casius*: Now I can boast!

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
leeman_s
+4 weapon in chapter 2 or 3 (usable by monk)? *TO Casius*: Now I can boast!

Postby leeman_s » Mon Mar 04, 2002 6:59 pm

I want to kill that darn kangaxx demi lich. All I need is a +4 weapon in chapter 2-3. Usable by monks. And casius, before you were telling me I had nothing to boast about my solo monk. Well now I can. I have done: guarded compound in temple district, mekrath, kangaxx (not demi though), astral prison, twisted rune, adventurer party in the sewers, and unseeing eye is almost complete. Soloing with a monk, perhaps, might be EASIER than with my 6 person party on my previous game! I even have it on a harder difficulty. Weird eh?

***But please answer my question about the +4 weapon. Thanks.*** Oh yeah, should i use the celestial fury or scarlet ninja-to? what do you think?

Casius

Postby Casius » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:02 pm

Okay, I lied, I won't welcome your next boasting post.

Laenor

Postby Laenor » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:06 pm

lol ! :rolleyes:
Lonely Ranger

Delita

Postby Delita » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:06 pm

You can get the staff of Rhynn from Adven. Mart
-Delita

leeman_s

Postby leeman_s » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:22 pm

I am a monk

monks can't use staffs, well at least mine can't. I'm evil does that have anything to do with it?

Casius

Postby Casius » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:22 pm

..But really leeman, do you think anyone cares about this? Perhaps, if someone did all the quests you mentioned with a Jester or something, it maybe worth one post, but not four about a Monk.

Silvanerian

Postby Silvanerian » Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:31 pm

I agree with Casius: What's the glory about your sucky monk, when you've come crying here asking what to do next, how to kill that and so on, once you completed all the easy quests?
If you want to boast, do your solo game as a no deaths-no reloads! But in general - get some more knowledge about the game before acting like someone who can do it all.

And good luck in Watchers Keep with the Chromatic Demon.
Qualis Artefix Pereo

Lykwid

Postby Lykwid » Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:16 pm

Go to watchers keep , initiate the dialog and get to the point when you can enter the dungeon. The merchant there sells a +4 shortsword that your monk can use. As far as the celest fury or the scarlet thing, i cant see why you would use either, the monk does FAR more damage useing his fists, as well as gaining extra attacks he doesnt get with a weapon.

Also leeman , youll find that any character played solo , gets very powerful very quick, this is why you may find some battles easier than with a group of 6 , your solo guy will be several levels higher in relation to the enemy your faceing.

-Lykwid

Mirk

Postby Mirk » Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:15 am

get the sling of everard: +5, no ammo (collectors ed, if you don't have it download it from here:

http://www.gamebanshee.com/downloads/bonusmerchants.zip