Uhhh... Help?

Important announcements and related feedback. If you want something added, altered, or removed from GB, post about it here.
Aegis
Uhhh... Help?

Postby Aegis » Thu Sep 20, 2001 1:13 pm

Something odd has been happening to me lately (As of yesterday). GB has been lagging horribly, and When I post something, it appears that I posted it about 3 hours ago, and doesn't appear as having anything new... Is anyone else experiancing this, or is it just me?

Vinin

Postby Vinin » Thu Sep 20, 2001 2:09 pm

I Don't get that but I do get something else. Even after I get off gamebanshee, random ads appear whenever im doing anything! They jus pop up as long as I'm connect to the net and I am 24/7 (cable modem) Its getting really annoying though it may not be gamebanshees fault I jus thought I'd address this in case it is gamebanshee.
It's pretty easy, I mean just go kill a dragon, get laid.

"I never thought it would end like this,
just because I got no ****,
I'll shave my legs and wear a bra,
I'll even cut my p**** off for you."
-Reel Big Fish

Now that's a love poem if I ever heard one.

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Thu Sep 20, 2001 4:09 pm

Originally posted by Vinin:
<STRONG>I Don't get that but I do get something else. Even after I get off gamebanshee, random ads appear whenever im doing anything! They jus pop up as long as I'm connect to the net and I am 24/7 (cable modem) Its getting really annoying though it may not be gamebanshees fault I jus thought I'd address this in case it is gamebanshee.</STRONG>

I doupt it's GameBanshee, or more people would be complaining. Sounds like you have a cookie from some site "bleeding" over on the your browser.

Try deleting your cookies and see if this helps. If not goto your control panel, click Add/Remove Programs, then in the Install/Uninstall window find your Browser (WARNING I only know this works with Internet Explorer5.5 , I don't know if it will be the same for Netscape) Click it and hit Add/Remove. A window will appear with 3 options, click Repair Internet Explorer and hit OK. Once it's finished, restart your computer and see if this fixes it.
"Vile and evil, yes. But, That's Weasel" From BS's book, MD 20/20: Fine Wines of Rocky Flop.

Grojlach

Postby Grojlach » Thu Sep 20, 2001 11:14 pm

Originally posted by Aegis:
<STRONG>Something odd has been happening to me lately (As of yesterday). GB has been lagging horribly, and When I post something, it appears that I posted it about 3 hours ago, and doesn't appear as having anything new... Is anyone else experiancing this, or is it just me?</STRONG>

Perhaps also a result of the virus during the last days? :confused:

Yshania

Postby Yshania » Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:24 am

I have been having the same problem as Aegis, since yesterday I have experienced mega slow screen loading and have had to refresh to get the full screen up.

I lost Gamebanshee completely today after posting a message :rolleyes:

What does the Nimda virus do? and how does it affect the net? Thanks :)
Parachute for sale, like new! Never opened!
Guinness, black goes with everything.

Sailor Saturn

Postby Sailor Saturn » Tue Sep 25, 2001 8:56 am

I've been having the same problem as Ysh and Aegis...
Protected by Saturn, Planet of Silence... I am the soldier of death and rebirth...I am Sailor Saturn.

I would also like you to meet my alternate personality, Mistress 9.

Mistress 9: You will be spammed. Your psychotic and spamming distinctiveness will be added to the board. Resistance is futile. *evil laugh*

Ain't she wonderful? ¬_¬

I knew I had moree in common with BS than was first apparent~Yshania

[color=sky blue]The male mind is nothing but a plaything of the woman's body.~My Variation on Nietzsche's Theme[/color]

Real men love Jesus. They live bold and holy lives, they're faithful to their wives, real men love Jesus.~Real Men Love Jesus; Herbie Shreve

Volo comparare nonnulla tegumembra.

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Tue Sep 25, 2001 9:54 am

Originally posted by Yshania:
<STRONG><snip>

What does the Nimda virus do? and how does it affect the net? Thanks :) </STRONG>

[url="http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.nimda.a@mm.html"]http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.nimda.a@mm.html[/url]
Insert signature here.

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Tue Sep 25, 2001 10:00 am

Originally posted by Yshania:
<STRONG>
What does the Nimda virus do? and how does it affect the net? Thanks :) </STRONG>

Here is a page that will explain some of what it will do.
[url="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.nimda.a@mm.html"]Symantec Site[/url] I don't believe you have it. "I believe" Buck was meaning the virus has caused the whole internet to slow down.
"Vile and evil, yes. But, That's Weasel" From BS's book, MD 20/20: Fine Wines of Rocky Flop.

Yshania

Postby Yshania » Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:43 pm

@Xandax and Weasel thank you :) And thanks for the reassurance Weasel, I just had not heard of the virus and was wondering how it could slow things up as it has :)
Parachute for sale, like new! Never opened!
Guinness, black goes with everything.