Unconfirmed: Alpha Protocol Delayed Again

Comment on any and all newsbits that get posted to GameBanshee's homepage!
GameBanshee News
Unconfirmed: Alpha Protocol Delayed Again

Postby GameBanshee News » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:14 am

It's possible that GameStop is privy to another unannounced delay for Alpha Protocol, as they've now <a href="http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=70856">listed the game</a> as having a ship date of June 1st, 2010. To add more fuel to the fire, <a href="http://www.amazon.ca/Sega-Of-America-Inc-85228/dp/B0016G88RO/">Amazon.ca</a> has also pushed the game back, though their estimation is June 30th, 2010.<br><br>Hmm. Maybe <a href="/news/static/EkVFyZyklunDvkpqDR.php">the leaked SCEA document</a> caused some internal turmoil?<br><br>Thanks, Wilhelm.

Loki[D.d.G]

Postby Loki[D.d.G] » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:36 pm

What was the original release date?

EDIT: Found the answer online. Feel free to disregard my initial question.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice ~ Eleanor Lamb, Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams

Nightmare

Postby Nightmare » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:48 am

Hmm. Well, if they're spending the time to fix issues and bugs in the game, then I suppose its better than releasing it in an unfinished state. Still though, pushed back until next June?
If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do.

Loki[D.d.G]

Postby Loki[D.d.G] » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:04 am

Nightmare wrote:Hmm. Well, if they're spending the time to fix issues and bugs in the game, then I suppose its better than releasing it in an unfinished state. Still though, pushed back until next June?

Yeah, pushing the game back by more than half a year seems pretty telling to me. It certainly gives them enough time to work on a DLC or two for the game too. :p
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice ~ Eleanor Lamb, Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams

DesR85

Postby DesR85 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:24 am

From October to June of next year? That's pretty far. I'd probably assume that it could also be done to avoid the big titles released soon such as Dragon Age and Modern Warfare 2 to name a few. Not to mention some titles targeting early 2010 (e.g. Alan Wake and Singularity).
''They say truth is the first casualty of war. But who defines what's true? Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent, and sometimes that means preserving the lie of good and evil, that war isn't just natural selection played out on a grand scale. The only truth I found is that the world we live in is a giant tinderbox. All it takes...is someone to light the match" - Captain Price