Mass Effect 2 Subject Zero Trailer

Comment on any and all newsbits that get posted to GameBanshee's homepage!
GameBanshee News
Mass Effect 2 Subject Zero Trailer

Postby GameBanshee News » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:10 am

As part of their Tokyo Game Show demonstration, BioWare has <a href="http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6230520/">revealed Subject Zero</a>, a foul-mouthed female character that can join Shepard's squad in Mass Effect 2.<br><br>"Now who's the badass biotic, bitch?" I mean, really? That sounds like it's straight out of an 80's flick.

bcfish

Postby bcfish » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:58 am

well, mass effect was made in part in homage to the classic 80s sci-fi movies like blade runner so that makes perfect sense to me! the sooner me2 gets here, the better!

BuckGB

Postby BuckGB » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:24 pm

bcfish wrote:well, mass effect was made in part in homage to the classic 80s sci-fi movies like blade runner so that makes perfect sense to me!

Mass Effect definitely possesses some influence from early sci-fi movies, but I don't ever remember cheesy lines like the one I quoted above in anything other than the pure action flicks - Cobra, Commando, Predator, etc. Blade Runner was a far more sophisticated movie, and I'd be hard pressed to find even a few direct comparisons from it to Mass Effect.

Aqua-chan

Postby Aqua-chan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Saw this yesterday I'm still trying to noodle out what I think about Subject Zero. On one hand I can only think, "Another scantily clad, man-eating woman? Really, BW?" whereas on the other hand I do recall seeing early previews of Wrex and thinking he was useful only for parroting tacky dialog cliches.

I'll reserve final judgments until I play the game, but I'm leery.
[SIZE="1"][color="Pink"]"There are worse things in the world than serving the whims of a deadly sex goddess." - Zevran[/color][/size]

endboss

Postby endboss » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:44 pm

If I was actually interested in this game I would probably be pretty pissed off right about now.

But I'm not, so instead I will point and laugh. Haw haw!
[SIZE="1"]"No I did not perform an orgy, and yes I need tips on how to do this." - MaxfireXSA[/size]

Nightmare

Postby Nightmare » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:53 am

Yeah, the writing is a bit cringe-inducing, but it's usually like that for trailers. Some of Mass Effect's dialogue was cringe-inducing anyways, so it just comes with the territory. If its the same quality as the first game, I'll still end up getting it.
If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do.

Crenshinibon

Postby Crenshinibon » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:13 am

ME2 really seems to be straying from the original's "flavor", if you could call it that.

As for the character, I couldn't help but think of what Jeanette (Bloodlines) would have been like if EA took Troika.
[font="Times New Roman"]“The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially.”[/font]

Loki[D.d.G]

Postby Loki[D.d.G] » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:08 am

That was a rather distasteful trailer...
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice ~ Eleanor Lamb, Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams

Ronan

Postby Ronan » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:09 pm

That was quite horrible :( . Before watching the trailer I thought the lines Buck quoted would be funny, but alas they were said in such a serious manner that is was not.

DesR85

Postby DesR85 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:43 pm

If I want to make a list of characters that I loathe, I can guarantee that Subject Zero will be in it. :laugh:
''They say truth is the first casualty of war. But who defines what's true? Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent, and sometimes that means preserving the lie of good and evil, that war isn't just natural selection played out on a grand scale. The only truth I found is that the world we live in is a giant tinderbox. All it takes...is someone to light the match" - Captain Price

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:07 am

That looked .... awful.
Good thing my single player video gaming mostly still consist of old games. At least it is possible to find substance in them.....
Insert signature here.

Loki[D.d.G]

Postby Loki[D.d.G] » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:30 am

DesR85 wrote:If I want to make a list of characters that I loathe, I can guarantee that Subject Zero will be in it. :laugh:

Well, from what I've seen, BioWare is taking no effort whatsoever to make her endearing to the player. Quite the opposite really...
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice ~ Eleanor Lamb, Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams