PC Version of Borderlands Slightly Delayed

Comment on any and all newsbits that get posted to GameBanshee's homepage!
GameBanshee News
PC Version of Borderlands Slightly Delayed

Postby GameBanshee News » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:05 pm

IGN is <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/102/1027438p1.html">reporting</a> that the PC version of Borderlands has been pushed back six days in North America and ten days internationally for further "optimization". The console versions are apparently unaffected:<br><blockquote>The PC version is sliding back from its original release date of October 20 in North America to October 26. The international version of the PC game will slide back further to October 30. The North American PS3 and 360 versions of the game will be unaffected, and the international versions for the PS3 and 360 will still ship on October 23. <br><br>We contacted 2K Games for an explanation on the slight delay for the game, and Charlie Sinhaseni, Senior PR Manager said, "We're optimizing the PC version which takes a few days longer than expected. Borderlands for PC will ship on October 26th."</blockquote>

DesR85

Postby DesR85 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:31 am

Hope it's worth it. And I also hope that they provide better support compared to Hell's Highway. Sure, I didn't run into anything frustrating, aside from some minor bug where your teammates refuse to fire their weapons, but I wonder why they didn't release a patch to fix that bug and/or introduce performance improvements.
''They say truth is the first casualty of war. But who defines what's true? Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent, and sometimes that means preserving the lie of good and evil, that war isn't just natural selection played out on a grand scale. The only truth I found is that the world we live in is a giant tinderbox. All it takes...is someone to light the match" - Captain Price