Unconfirmed: Dragon Age: Origins Delayed

Comment on any and all newsbits that get posted to GameBanshee's homepage!
GameBanshee News
Unconfirmed: Dragon Age: Origins Delayed

Postby GameBanshee News » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Shacknews is <a href="http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59892">reporting</a> that at least the console versions of BioWare's Dragon Age: Origins have been delayed, citing changes to expected release dates on the web.<br><blockquote>While BioWare and studio owner Electronic Arts have yet to officially acknowledge a delay, online rental hub GameFly is now listing the Xbox 360 edition for November 3 with the PlayStation 3 release following on November 19. The change was just made this week; GameFly had previously listed the game's announced release date of October 20. <br><br>Meanwhile, Newegg currently expects both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions to arrive on November 4, with the PC version still slated for October 20. As with GameFly, Newegg had previously listed the console releases for October 20. <br><br>We've reached out to BioWare for clarification, and will update accordingly.</blockquote>Shacknews is owned by GameFly, so it seems like they might have caught wind of some inside information. In any event, BioWare has since responded:<br><blockquote>BioWare has chimed in on the matter, telling Shacknews that it is "still targeting an October 20 release date" for Dragon Age: Origins and adding that "if the release date changes, we'll issue a press release."</blockquote>

fable

Postby fable » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Maybe they felt the overwhelming creative need to insert more tasteful nudity?
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:26 pm

fable wrote:Maybe they felt the overwhelming creative need to insert more tasteful nudity?

Or perhaps they had some penetrating insights on how to insert more tasteful sex scenes... :p
[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][SIZE="1"]Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][color="Silver"].......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.[/size][/color]

fable

Postby fable » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:40 pm

dragon wench wrote:Or perhaps they had some penetrating insights on how to insert more tasteful sex scenes... :p

Create a rising business in hole-some entertainment, you mean.

Perhaps we should start a business, Double Entendres R Us.
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.

Brother None

Postby Brother None » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Can't say I'd mind any on of the several big RPG titles in October to be shoved back. It's a bit of a full month anyway.

If they'd delay, it'd pretty clearly be to yet again further polish console release, tho'
GameBanshee, your resource for all things RPG
No Mutants Allowed, your Fallout resource
"Those who say they give the public what it wants begin by underestimating public taste and end by debauching it" T.S. Eliot

dragon wench

Postby dragon wench » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:37 pm

fable wrote:Create a rising business in hole-some entertainment, you mean.

Perhaps we should start a business, Double Entendres R Us.

*snorts* If we started a business in Double Entendres stemming from this board... I hate to think what would ensue... :eek:

Seriously, my apologies for that... it's been an extremely long few weeks, and as a consequence my mind is even more in the gutter than normal :D
[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][SIZE="1"]Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

[SPOILER]testingtest12[/SPOILER][color="Silver"].......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.[/size][/color]

fable

Postby fable » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:34 pm

dragon wench wrote:*snorts* If we started a business in Double Entendres stemming from this board... I hate to think what would ensue... :eek:

Seriously, my apologies for that... it's been an extremely long few weeks, and as a consequence my mind is even more in the gutter than normal :D

I know what you mean. :D Been a crazy last 10 days or so here, too, what with my wife getting surgery for a torn rotator cuff, and both of us still trying to work while she wakes up every 2 hours. Life's funny, sometimes. ;)