BG2TOB PRO? i need help.

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal expansion pack.
DarkAngel
BG2TOB PRO? i need help.

Postby DarkAngel » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:08 am

what is the most powerful solo charecter with weapons/abillitys and that kind of stuff?

KaaH

Postby KaaH » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:55 am

1. Spellwise
Sorcerer (or with Mod: Mystik Theurge (Druid/Sorcerer up to 10 spellslots for spellevel 9 without items))
Nothing can beat chain contingency + wish without the need to memorise them

2. Allround
Fighter/Mage/Thief
2Handed Style
2H Sword (Carsomyr +5/6 via UAI)
Staff for backstab (Staff of Ram +6)

3. And all the other usual suspects as:
Kensai/Mage
Berserker/Cleric
Thief(Assassin)/Cleric
Shapeshifter/Fighter

Monk

4. Search is your friend
"I have thirteen personalities... twelve are paranoid and one is outta get'em" (from unknown)

DarkApos

Postby DarkApos » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:57 am

the Sorcerer is the best! and i agree with most of what you said but how can you give the advice that an Assassin/Cleric is a good charater???
Save a tree, kill a bever!

DarkAngel

Postby DarkAngel » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:34 am

where can you download that mod?

KaaH

Postby KaaH » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:21 pm

Well, you are right that Assassin/Cleric is a challenge, therefore you need some (ShadowKeeper) help to make it a multiclass (or be very patient with gaining back your abilities after dualing at lvl. 23 (UAI/Backstab 7 :D )

reasons for Assassin/Cleric:
- highest backstab
- poison weapon (Magekiller)
- sanctuary for emergency escape
- good spells to enhance THAC0

This one would be real evil, so using Slayer form is no problem
and on Soloing one should always remember:
You don't have to fight any and all enemies
and (as evil one) no one tells you to attack as late as when the (boss) opposition turns red :p

Ok, it's still not the best of them.
Have fun!

for druidic/sorcerer try this http://www.3ddownloads.com/telefragged/fwstudios/hlid
or google it
"I have thirteen personalities... twelve are paranoid and one is outta get'em" (from unknown)

Luis Antonio

Postby Luis Antonio » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:39 pm

I keep the Fighter mage thief, no better combo.

But thinking about a single class solo, sorcerer or monk, no doubt.
Flesh to stone ain't permanent, it seems.

DarkAngel

Postby DarkAngel » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:09 am

what kind of items do you use for him? are there any spessial combos for him or items that are a must?

Luis Antonio

Postby Luis Antonio » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:29 pm

For the FMT the Robe of Vecna or Robe of the (alignment) Archmage. If you want to get strong as a mage, use the staff of magi (bridge district). I start by having my FMT using a long-short sword combo. In the offhand, the sword that grants you freedom (arbane, if I'm not wrong) and in the mainhand the equalizer, or Dragon Slayer. You need the ring of gaax after you received a +5 weapon to overcome your low health rolls problem. And the ring of wizardry to upgrade your casting. If you solo, do the good side (thieves) and receive the amulet that protects you from level drain. There ya go. A helmet? Helmet of charm protection if you are soloing - to avoid losing because of a single stupid roll - or the Helm of Balduran if you have a party on your back.

Anyway, for FMT the Celestial Fury and Darkon Zerth combo is also awesome. If you are playing tactics, main hand CF and off hand that acid sword, sanchudokuu, and you're a helluva player. Also, as an option, use a weapon that enhance your atack speed in the off hand.

And good luck :D

KaaH

Postby KaaH » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:26 am

Equipment for F/M/T

Like I said before:

2Hd Sword (John's Home -> your brothers sword; than talking sword from sewer quest; finaly Holy Avenger with UAI)
staff for backstab and blunt damage

money should be no problem for a soloing char, so you may buy (or steal) your equipment

Helm - Simularicum helm (don't remember name, can be purcased from Deidre)
Robe of Vecna
Amulet of Power
Strength enhancing belt
boots of speed
ring1 as you see fit (with item upgrade mod: additional spells by sorcerer ring)
ring2 regeneration (gaxx)
cloak of non-detection (upgraded version with item upgrade-mod)
gloves (+AC or fluent fingers with item upgrade mod)

DarkAngel

Postby DarkAngel » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:02 am

kaah i have down loaded that druidic-sorserer thing. but witch file should i save it on?

Nimiety

Postby Nimiety » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:26 am

Install it into your BG2 directory - it will create a subdirectory with its files, then go in and run the file to install the class.

Note that it's kinda buggy - when I create a character, the option name in the druid subgroup is blank, and the details for the class are just "tornado". Also, when starting a character in SoA, make sure you pause the game, level up, then pause the game again, and level up again. For some reason, characters usually start with 0 hp, so the testing Jon does at the beginning actually kills you. Levelling up before the intro cutscene gives you the hp you need.

It's a little tough for a newbie to understand and get used to, but it does seem like a very powerful solo character. Adding the druidic spells and the ability to wear armor and robes is balanced off by the additional exp required to level as you go.

N...
See the world!
World Travel Tips

Have more fun with Poker Tips

KaaH

Postby KaaH » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:41 am

After the download you should have TOB_Druidic_Sorcerer_Kit_Weidu_v1.7.rar in your download folder;
right-click and choose extract here (requires winrar or some programm able to handle *.rar files);
a new folder has been created: TOB_Druidic_Sorcerer_Kit_Weidu_v1.7;
look inside;
use mark all -> cut;
go to your bg2 main directory (e.g.: d:\BGII - SvA) -> paste
execute: Setup-DruidicSorcererKit.exe;

you may have to do the last point twice as weidu updates version if newer one is found.

Addendum: The 2nd component of the mod may be needed to use druidic equipment (at least for me it was).

Woops a little late it seems :D

Want additional cheese???

DarkAngel

Postby DarkAngel » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:39 pm

yes i would like additional cheese

DarkAngel

Postby DarkAngel » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:40 pm

tanks for all your help :)

KaaH

Postby KaaH » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:29 pm

Ok, some appetizer

3rd level Melfs Meteor are considered enhancement +6, going through most protections.
Combine with Sequencer(the one that allows lvl6 spells) or chain Conti. containing haste + impr. haste resulting in mage ranged whirlwind

(Druidic/)Sorcerer
cast project image (attention! great cheese: chain conti 2 Project image, 1 wizard eye on self, condition helpless, after that become helpless by casting projekt image)
buff clone(s) by themself, cast shapechange -> Mindflayer (Brain drain day -> carefully here, even people that normaly can't die will be slain by your Brain Sucker Army)

Resting sucks!?

Wish spell (for me this is the ultimate in cheese)

great options:
make as if party has taken full rest
impr. haste for whole party
all Attributes to 25
longer timestop + alacrity

best be done with (Druidic/)Sorcerer (High Wisdom)

...to name just a few.

Do a search for UserUnfriendly's cheese guide (he is the man for that)

araknid70

Postby araknid70 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:16 pm

For some strange reason I'm unable to make my Druidic Sorceror wear armor, even though it's stated in the readme that it's possible. All armor just shows as unusable, and I'm not sure how to wear both a robe and armor (click the use item's special ability button? Huh?). Neither can I use druid weapons like scimitars. However I'm playing with an all mage party, me, Edwin, Aerie and Jan, plus Imoen later and Irenicus (mod) in ToB. Perhaps some mod that I installed clashes with the DS kit (might it be Refinements?). Since I'm in a party I guess I'm fine with those losses... in the end my DS just has various druid spells in his library to throw around. Also CtB gives the PC Defensive Spin and Hardiness at the start of the game, so my DS should be able to tough it out in a pinch.

KaaH

Postby KaaH » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:13 am

The DS Mod contains 2 components, the second is not recommended by the auther, but was needed for me to use druid equipment (weapon, armor) and then you can use the special ability to convert robes to cloaks(vecna comes to mind).

araknid70

Postby araknid70 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:44 am

Ah I see. The description for the 2nd component was some 'game-hosing script' or something like that - couldn't make any sense of it. Ah well. Don't intend to wear armor either. I'm perfectly happy with a sorceror who can cast insect plague and creeping doom.

KaaH

Postby KaaH » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:22 am

And don't leave home with Insect Plague in a sequencer (castingtime zero) :D

Luis Antonio

Postby Luis Antonio » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:19 am

Yes, Insect Plague is cool but... I prefer item swap that with a fighter druid and have it only when I do have a sroll than to have it as cheese all the time. But still, the tournip man hacked into a fighter druid mage would be nice, too bad you cant do that with Shadowkeeper.